Tanzania Scholarships for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Scholarships for Primary and Secondary School Students
Ambassadors Girls’ Scholarship Program (AGSP)
- Tanzania Association of Women Leaders in Agriculture and Environment (TAWLAE) – TAWLAE is a professional, non-governmental organization to empower women economically and socially. TAWLAE works in the areas of Dar es Salaam, Korogwe, Arusha, Iringa Rural, Kondoa, and Mufindi
- Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) Zanzibar – FAWE Zanzibar is a nongovernmental organization created to support women, and girls in particular, in order for them to acquire education to promote development. On Unguja, FAWE works in six regions: North A, North B, Central, South, West, and Urban. On Pemba, FAWE works in four regions: Wete, Chake, Mkoani, and Micheweni.
- WAMA Foundation (Wanawake Na Maendeleo) – WAMA Foundation is a non-governmental organization created to increase the number of economically empowered women, progressive communities and healthy, well educated children free from poverty, ignorance, and disease. WAMA implemented AGSP in the 2008 school year.
- Scholarship Package: The scholarship package in Tanzania includes school uniforms, shoes, sweaters, school supplies and mathematics kits, as well as school tuition fees, boarding costs, examination fees for secondary school recipients. Secondary school scholars who live very far from school receive housing and food rations.
- Don’t let a bright girl’s ambitions end at grade 8.
- Students in Kenya and Tanzania can’t go to high school if they can’t afford the fees.
- We provide support for female students, paying school fees for girls who meet scholastic standards.
- HYTES is a Canadian not-for-profit organization that has no affiliation with any government or religion. We raise funds in Canada to provide scholarships in developing nations. Our current focus is on paying for secondary tuition costs for community minded and financially challenged students in Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia and Guatemala.
- The International School Moshi (ISM) Scholarship Programme develops the future leaders of Tanzania by giving talented local students full scholarships to complete their International Baccalaureate Diploma. We ensure these students are successful through hosting them in our boarding programme, enabling them to participate fully in co-curricular activities, and providing them with pastoral care and university application support.
S4Si in Tanzania
- The mission of S4Si is to create educational opportunities for high-achieving students in the developing world, with the belief that education is essential to community leadership and a country’s development. We are a university-based, nonprofit organization that provides these opportunities through collaboration with the local communities of our Scholars.
Tanzania Scholarships FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- The EABL Foundation is a corporate-based regional foundation, committed to enriching the lives and livelihoods of the less fortunate and excluded people throughout East Africa in a sustainable manner.
- Danish higher education institutions receive a limited number of government scholarships each year to fund highly qualified full-degree students from non-EU/EEA countries and Switzerland.
- In order to be eligible for a scholarship you must be:
- a citizen of a country outside the EU, the European Economic Area or Switzerland
- enrolled in a full degree higher education program
- granted a time-limited residence permit in Denmark due to education
- Given below are details of the Government of India scholarships available to Tanzanian students in India.
- This scholarship is offered yearly, so if you have missed the deadline for this year plan on apply next. Excellent opportunities to study in India.
EXCHANGES FUNDED BY THE U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT BUREAU OF EDUCATIONAL AND CULTURAL AFFAIRS OFFICE OF CITIZEN EXCHANGES:
- Program Web site: http://www.artistsoftanzania.org/site/
- Tanzania 5: Arts Exchanges on International Issues with Tanzania (2008-2010)
- Tanzania 4: Tanzania Workforce Development
- Tanzania 3: Strengthening Private Sector Approaches to Generating Economic Growth in Tanzania
- Tanzania 2: Increase Business Opportunities for Tanzania and Ohio (through AGOA)
- Tanzania 1: Tanzanian Women’s Local Government Training/Exchange
- $60,000 – ($15,000 x 4 years)
- Highest academic average
- Nomination by high school
- Leadership and demonstrated skills
- To renew – must have a high academic standing (7.80 on a 9-point York scale) in each academic year at York
- Deadline: March 15
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people from Africa with access to quality university education. McGill is proud to be among the select group of global MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program partners selected based on academic excellence, nurturing environments, and programs relevant to growth sectors in Africa.
Tanzania SCHOLARSHIPS FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
- As part of the Australian Government’s increasing engagement in Africa, Australia Awards in Africa (AAA) offer study opportunities at post-graduate level to candidates from eligible African countries. The scholarships are offered at Masters level for up to two years as well as short professional development courses of up to three months. There are also limited opportunities for PhD studies in Agriculture-related disciplines.
- In association with the Tanzanian High Commissioner for the UK and the Institute of Accountancy Arusha (IAA), Coventry University are delighted to offer a limited number of full tuition fee scholarships for Tanzanian nationals.
- Successful applicants will be awarded a place to study on one of these six courses:
- MSc Oil & Gas Management (Coventry Campus) September 2012 start
- MBA Oil & Gas Management (London Campus) April, July or September 2012 start
- MSc Finance & Investment (IAA Dar-es-Salaam campus) September 2012 start
- MBA Logistics (IAA Dar-es-Salaam campus) September 2012 start
- MSc Finance & Investment (IAA Arusha campus) September 2012 start
- MBA Logistics (IAA Arusha campus) September 2012 start
- The President’s Office, Public Service Management (PO-PSM) is a Ministry under President’s Office. It’s chief executive and accounting officer is the Permanent Secretary, who has a workforce of about 300 employees.
- List some great scholarship for Tanzania Citizens – go to the above page and do a search. Current listings include scholarships for study in China and Mexico.
- target highly-qualified students from the countries listed below. About 120 scholarships will be awarded for studies in Sweden, starting in August 2012. The scholarship covers both living costs and tuition fees.
- Please note that in order to apply for a Swedish Institute Study scholarship the student must first be admitted to a Swedish university/university college. The application period for study programs opens 1 December.
- The application period for Swedish Institute Study scholarship will be March 14-25.
- The Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program (IFP) is a program of the New York City-based International Fellowships Fund. The IFP Secretariat is housed at IIE headquarters in New York, which disburses the funds, and provides university placement for IFP fellows studyingni North america and Canada. IFP also works closely with Ford Foundation offices across the world.
- IFP provides opportunities for advanced study to individuals who will use this education to become leaders in their respective fields. To ensure that fellows are drawn from diverse backgrounds, IFP actively seeks candidates from social groups and communities that lack systematic access to higher education, and support them through local partner organizations to enable them improve their leadership qualities through higher education. IFP works in 22 counties in Africa, Asia, South America and Russia.
- is pleased to announce that qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2012. The OFID Scholarship will be awarded to support two students or candidates for Master’s degree studies. The applicant may be from any developing country, and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s (graduate) degree in any recognized university/college in the world. The Scholarship is open to those students who wish to pursue studies in a relevant field of Development or Energy Studies.
Other Tanzania Scholarship Opportunities
- Free Graduate Scholarships
- Africa – Scholarships – List of other scholarships (undergrad, grad and post-grad) to students from the African Continent.
- TOP 10 Graduate Scholarships – Looking for the best scholarships offered for Graduate study. Here’s our TOP 10 list of best choices.
- 10 Best Scholarship Sites – This TOP 10 list provides a variety of options. When searching for a scholarship start here. This comprehensive list of websites provides the information and resources that you will need to succeed in your search.
- Also see our list of the Best European Graduate Scholarships