Great Scholarship!!! Here is one that is not connected with an educational institution. The tuition fees will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. Register on the site and apply now. Samuel
OFID’s Scholarship Program sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries through graduate studies in a development-related discipline.
- OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2015/2016.
- OFID scholarships will be awarded to four students or candidates for master’s degree studies. Applicants must be from a developing country (except OFID Member Countries), and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
- Study at any recognized university/college in the world.
Field(s) of Study
- Development or Energy Studies
What does the scholarship cover?
- The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a scholarship of up to US$50,000. The funds will go towards the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the academic year 2015/2016.
How many scholarships are given?
- 3 scholarships were awarded last year
Which countries are targeted?
- Any developing Country
- Angola, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Antigua, Albania, Algeria
- Benin Botswana Burundi Burkina Faso, Bangladesh Bahrain Bhutan, Barbuda Belize Barbados Brazil Bolivia , Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Cameroon Cape Verde Chad Central African Republic Comoros Congo DR
Republic of Congo Cote d’lvoire , Cambodia, Chile Colombia Costa Rica Cuba ,
- Djibouti, Dominica Dominican Republic,
- Egypt Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Ethiopia, , Ecuador El Salvador,
- Gambia Ghana Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Grenada Guyana Guatemala Guyana , Gabon
- Haiti Honduras,
- India, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq
- Jordan, Jamaica ,
- Kenya, Kazakhstan Kiribati Korea D P R Kyrgyz Republic, Kosovo, Kuwait
- Lao Lesotho Lebanon, PDR Liberia, Libya
- Madagascar Malawi Mali Mauritania Mauritius Morocco Mozambique , Maldives Moldova Mongolia Myanmar.
- Namibia Niger , Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria
- Pakistan Palestine Papua New Guinea Philippines , Paraguay Peru Panama
- Senegal Seychelles, Sierra Leone Somalia Sudan Swaziland, São Tomé & Principe, Samoa Solomon Islands Sri Lanka Syria, , St. Christopher St. Kitts & Nevis St. Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Saudi Arabia
- Tanzania Togo Tunisia , Tajikistan Thailand Tonga Turkey Turkmenistan
- Uganda, Ukraine Uzbekistan, Uruguay, United Arab Emirates
- Vietnam, Venezuela
- Zambia, Zimbabwe
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2012, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (please see list of eligible countries below)
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
How to I Apply – Next Steps – OFID Graduate Scholarships Application GuidelinesSTEP 1: Ensure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria.
STEP 2: Register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. Please note you can log onto the portal as many times as required before finally submitting the application.
STEP 3: Fill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
STEP 4: Upload necessary documents; CV, two recommendation letters, Bachelor’s certificate/transcript, acceptance letter into postgraduate program and essay.
STEP 5: When your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.
- The application deadline is May 8.
- Please do not call or email OFID to see if your application has been received or to inquire about your status. You will receive an automated confirmation once your application has been submitted. Only the winners will be notified by June 15, 2015 via our website.
How do I get more information?
- Scholarship Website – http://www.ofid.org/FOCUSAREAS/OFIDYouth/ScholarshipAward.aspx