Guess what! There are lots of great scholarship opportunities for students from Ethiopia! If you are looking for either an undergraduate or graduate scholarship, you’re at the right place!
First, check out these tips on how to select the best scholarship for you.
1. Define your educational and career goals
- Where do you want to be in ten years, and how do you intend to achieve that? Take a moment to come up with the educational goals that will lead you towards your chosen career.
2. Do a self-assessment
- You will need to assess yourself critically, focusing on your strengths and weaknesses. Are there areas where you struggle academically? Which ones are you really good at? These will inform your scholarship choice as some scholarships may be specific to areas of study that you may find difficult.
3. Do your research
- As you consider how to select the best scholarship, remember you have to do your research before you settle on a particular scholarship. Don’t pick the first one you come across, as there may be better and more comprehensive ones out there.
4. Check the eligibility requirements
- Most scholarships require that you meet all the eligibility requirements listed. Don’t select one where you don’t meet one or two of the requirements, as you will automatically be disqualified.
5. Study the application requirements
- As you look at each scholarship, study the application process keenly so that if you decide to apply, you will not leave anything out. Also consider whether or not you will be able to fulfill all the application requirements, as you cannot submit an incomplete application.
6. Evaluate your financial needs
- Your financial status will determine whether you qualify for a needs-based scholarship or a merit scholarship. It will also help you decide which of the two kinds of scholarships will benefit you the most.
7. Find out about the reputation of the scholarship provider
- Some scholarship providers offer what seems to be a good deal but the quality of education offered is poor. To get information on this, look at online reviews and also ask past scholarship beneficiaries what their experience has been like with particular scholarship providers.
8. Consider the location of the scholarship
- The next thing to consider as you think about how to select the best scholarship is where this scholarship is being offered. Is the scholarship in a country where you will be able to get opportunities to work and study further? Is it in a country where you have always wanted to pursue your education? These factors will influence your study experience greatly.
9. Work on a strong application
- You need to ensure that your application stands out and catches the eyes of the selection committee. Get advice from your lecturer on how to write a strong application, and make sure your references and personal statement depict your drive to excel.
10. Be realistic
- As you apply for scholarships, be realistic about the outcome. You may need to apply for many scholarships to increase your chances of success. Also, if you are not successful in one or two applications, don’t give up. Keep trying until you succeed.
How to write a strong scholarship application
Here are a few pointers to help you write a scholarship application that will stand out.
- Start early – Don’t wait until the last minute to hurriedly put your application together. Work on it slowly and carefully.
- Read and understand all the requirements – This will prevent you from leaving things out or making mistakes.
- Highlight your achievements – Make sure you highlight your academic and extra-curricular achievements and community service activities.
- Describe yourself accurately – Where required, be genuine, honest, and accurate in your self-description.
- Focus on the selection criteria – Take note of the selection criteria and insert information indicating how well you meet the criteria required for the scholarship.
- Be clear about your goals – The person going through your application should have no doubts about where you want to be in a few years.
- Follow instructions – If the application is supposed to be filled in a certain way, don’t decide to do it another way or take shortcuts.
- Proofread your application – Go through your application to make sure that there are no mistakes and that the information you have put there is clear and easy to understand.
Here are the top 10 scholarships for Ethiopia in 2024.
- These scholarships are awarded to outstanding students, giving them an opportunity to study at some of the top universities in Turkey.
- This scholarship program is unique in that it provides both scholarships and university placement.
- Scholarship benefits include tuition fee coverage, accommodation, health insurance, and a stipend.
- The MIT Scholarships are need-based scholarships that cover the full financial needs for all of the recipient’s four years of study, including tuition and related expenses.
- These scholarships apply to any of the undergraduate programs offered at the University.
- The President’s Scholars of Excellence Program is one of the Top 10 Scholarships for Ethiopia in 2024. This scholarship program, offered by the University of Toronto, is a $10,000 entrance scholarship awarded to first-year entrants.
- To qualify for this scholarship, one must be a first-year entrant to the University of Toronto who displays outstanding levels of academic excellence.
- The Taiwan ICDF, in partnership with partner universities in Taiwan, provides higher education scholarships to international students.
- These scholarships cover tuition, airfare, and a living allowance, among other benefits.
- Some of the courses covered by this scholarship include Engineering, Computer Sciences, Business Administration, and Agribusiness.
- Beijing Government Scholarships provide full and partial scholarships to international students applying to study or already studying at higher education institutions in Beijing.
- These scholarships cover tuition fees only.
- The Australia Awards Scholarships provide opportunities for students to undertake full-time postgraduate studies at selected Australian universities. These studies should be related to priority areas for development in Ethiopia.
- These scholarships cover tuition, a contribution towards living expenses (CLE), air travel, etc.
- The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are full-cost scholarships given to deserving applicants who desire to pursue full-time graduate studies at the University of Cambridge.
- The scholarship coverage includes tuition fees, a maintenance allowance, and inbound visa costs.
- The DAAD Scholarships offer graduates the opportunity to undertake a master’s degree related to development at a state or state-recognized university.
- Recipients of these scholarships are entitled to monthly payments, insurance, and a travel allowance, among other benefits.
- The McGill MasterCard Scholarships are another of the Top 10 Scholarships for Ethiopia in 2024. These scholarships target academically talented and economically disadvantaged students, allowing them to get a quality university education.
- These scholarships cover tuition fees, books, a stipend, accommodation, and educational supplies. In addition, students get transition support, mentorship, internship, and career counseling.
- The Orange Knowledge Program develops knowledge and capacity in professionals from all over the world by offering access to high-quality education and training. These professionals have the option of signing up for the Master’s Programs lasting 12 to 24 months or the short courses lasting between two weeks and 12 months.
- These scholarships cover tuition, housing, health insurance, and a subsistence allowance.
Check out the Top 10 Scholarships for Ethiopia in 2024 listed above and you will certainly find one that you qualify for!
For more information, read this: – Top Scholarships for African Students
More information is available here: – Top 10 Graduate Scholarships for International Students