- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a $500 million global initiative to educate and develop next-generation leaders who will contribute to social and economic progress. The Program enables young people from economically disadvantaged communities to complete quality secondary and tertiary education, and make successful transitions to further education or the workforce in their home regions. Over the next 10 years, the Program will select 15,000 Scholars, primarily from Africa, who will be unified by a common philosophy of change and ethical leadership.
- Study at Wellesley, Massachusetts, USA
- Wellesley is known for the excellence of its education, the beauty of its setting, its gifted faculty, and the uniqueness of its campus culture.
- Wellesley brings a special expertise to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program—we educate women to make a difference in the world. As women are poised to take even greater roles as leaders in Africa, we want to offer them the transformative education, mentorship, and support that have empowered Wellesley women for more than 135 years.
Field(s) of Study
- All Undergrad Programs
Wellesley College offers subjects familiar as the core of a liberal arts education—but that is just the start of it.
What does the scholarship cover?
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Wellesley, a women’s college, goes beyond traditional scholarships. The holistic, four-year support includes:
- Comprehensive scholarships: Support for tuition, fees, books and supplies, a laptop, transportation, room and meal plan, and stipends.
- 21st-century skills: Training in skill areas relevant to employment success.
- Transition assistance: Mentoring, career counseling, leadership development, and other life-skills coaching
- Internships and career opportunities: Access to job opportunities across the African continent
- Give-back support: Experiential learning and opportunities for volunteerism and community service
- This Year – 3 (three)
Which countries are targeted?
- Sub-Saharan Africa
Am I Eligible to Apply?
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars selected for the Program are:
- Academically talented: They value learning, and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged: They face significant barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back: They apply what they learn to improve their communities.
- Future leaders: They are committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
- No separate application – JUST APPLY TO WELLESLEY General Addmission
- All applicants to Wellesley, who apply for financial aid and meet the criteria for The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program, will be considered for the Scholarship.
- It’s free to apply for admission to Wellesley. See our instructions: www.wellesley.edu/admission/apply