Welcome to the definitive guide on Uganda Scholarships for 2024, presented by International Scholarships. This page is dedicated to empowering Ugandan students by providing them with comprehensive information on the top scholarships available for both undergraduate and graduate studies. Whether you are looking to advance your education locally or abroad, these scholarships offer a variety of opportunities to help you achieve your academic and professional goals. Explore the numerous options listed here and take a significant step towards securing your future through education.
Here is a comprehensive list of the top Uganda scholarships available
Undergraduate Uganda Scholarships
(Scroll down for Graduate Scholarships)
- Thanks to a $13 million partnership with The MasterCard Foundation in Canada, Ashesi University will be awarding significant financial support to qualified students who need such assistance.
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Ashesi is an initiative to educate and prepare young people from Africa to lead change in their communities.
- This prestigious scholarship provides academically talented young Africans who are economically disadvantaged with access to relevant and quality education.
- Recipients of this scholarship receive financial support for tuition fees, books, and supplies, as well as transport, accommodation and living expenses.
- The RUFORUM /MasterCard Foundation partnership focuses on transforming the African agricultural university into an institution that meaningfully contributes to Africa’s growth and development.
- This program embodies an array of mentoring and culture transition services to ensure student academic success and transition to employment opportunities, furthering social and economic change in Africa.
- Scholarships at the undergraduate level target academically endowed students who lack the resources to pursue further education. Students who are from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa are especially welcome to apply.
- The main benefits of this scholarship include a tuition fee waiver, return air ticket, living expenses (including stipend and hostel fee), and research costs, among others.
- Recipients of this scholarship also benefit from leadership development, entrepreneurship training, mentorship and life skills support.
- In Uganda, Gulu University is the host institution for the MasterCard Scholars Program.
- The Canadian University in Dubai is committed to promoting the recruitment and retention of high academic achievers.
- These scholarships were introduced based on the belief that financial limitations and special needs should not prevent anyone from getting a good education.
- There are four types of scholarships – Academic Excellence Scholarships (including the Academic Achievement Scholarship for new students), Sports Scholarships, Financial Hardship Scholarships and Special Needs Scholarships.
- The scholarships are available for any course offered by the University.
- Tuition fee waivers range from 20% to 100% of the total cost of the course.
- The Muljibhai Madhvani Foundation has been educating Ugandans for over 50 years.
- This charitable foundation was set up with the primary aim of promoting scientific and technical education for the benefit of the people of Uganda.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees from the second year to completion for undergraduates, and for the entire program of study for graduate students from the time of application/award.
- Undergraduate students who have completed the first year of studies at a Ugandan University; and graduate applicants who have been either admitted and/or registered for graduate programmes (in any of the disciplines above) are eligible to apply.
- Students with CGPA Lower than 2.2 and/or having a retake in any subject in the First Year of study are not eligible to apply.
- Students already on sponsorship from elsewhere are not eligible to apply.
- Symbiosis International University has opened up its doors to individuals from developing countries who are interested in furthering their education but lack the financing to do so.
- The scholarship program is a joint effort between Symbiosis International University and Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
- International students from developing nations get an opportunity to pursue high-quality education in an excellent university in India.
- The scholarship value includes a full tuition or academic fee waiver, and an accommodation fee waiver.
- Scholarships are applicable to any course undertaken at the University.
Graduate Uganda Scholarships
- The Global Development Scholarships are hosted at the University of Bradford, a British Public University in the UK.
- This scholarship was set up to aid students who are facing challenges raising fees for further study because of financial hardship.
- Applicants from developing countries experiencing war, natural disasters, and political unrest are more likely to get the scholarship.
- The scholarship is for any of the one-year master’s courses at the University, and covers tuition fees and accommodation, with a £4200 allowance for living costs. The total value of the scholarship is £25,000.
- The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), in conjunction with the University of Western Cape offers talented students the opportunity to be transformed into development-minded leaders.
- The Development Research Division (DRD) at UWC offers merit scholarships to talented students from Sub-Saharan countries who have excellent academic records.
- Successful recipients will be based at the African Excellence Centre at UWC. There are also other partner institutions within Africa, offering different courses.
- This generous scholarship gives recipients a monthly allowance (inclusive of travel allowances) of €650 for Masters candidates and €900 for PhD candidates.
- The Stanford Graduate Business School contributes to Africa’s human and economic development by educating leaders who have a vision of change for the continent.
- This excellent scholarship targets citizens of African countries who are unable to pay for their education.
- On completion of their studies and within two years of graduation, Stanford MBA Fellows are required to return to their home countries and work for at least two years in a role that contributes directly to the continent’s development.
- Benefits available to Fellows include the full cost of MBA tuition and all other fees associated with the course (up to US$160,000).
- Allowances to cater for accommodation and living expenses are given to recipients who demonstrate additional financial need.
- The Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship at the University of Westminster was set up with the aim of providing students from developing countries with a fully-funded opportunity to further their education.
- The scholarship applies to any full-time study program at the University.
- The benefits of this scholarship include a full tuition waiver, accommodation, living expenses and flights to and from London.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time Masters at the University and must provide evidence of financial need.
- For almost three decades, Windle Trust International has formed scholarship partnerships with leading UK universities, with the aim of driving development in Africa through education.
- These scholarships target young people in developing countries who exhibit the potential to provide leadership and professional skills in their home countries within Africa.
- Every year at least 20 scholars get an opportunity to pursue a one-year master’s course in the UK.
- This great scholarship covers return airfare to and from the UK, fully paid/waived overseas tuition fees and a maintenance stipend for the whole year.
As you conclude your exploration of the top Uganda Scholarships for 2024, remember that each scholarship presents a unique opportunity to enhance your academic journey. We encourage you to carefully consider the eligibility criteria, benefits, and application deadlines for each scholarship. Our aim is to provide you with the most relevant and up-to-date information to assist you in making informed decisions about your educational future. Good luck as you embark on this exciting path towards academic excellence and professional development.