- Thanks to a $13 million partnership with The MasterCard Foundation in Canada, Ashesi will be awarding significant financial support to qualified students who need such assistance.
- Through Ashesi’s generous Scholarship Program, we make a great education available to those who otherwise could not afford it.
- Study at Ashesi University
- a coeducational institution whose goal is to educate African leaders of exceptional integrity and professional ability. By raising the bar for higher education in Ghana we aim to make a significant contribution towards a renaissance in Africa.
- The university, which began instruction in March 2002 with a pioneer class of 30 students, has quickly gained a reputation for innovation and quality education in Ghana.
- Ashesi is the first university in Ghana to adopt and blend the Liberal Arts method of education with majors in Computer Science, Management Information Systems and Business Administration. The university is an independent, private, not-for-profit institution.
Field(s) of Study
- Arts and Sciences – Mathematics, Social Sciences, Humanities, Leadership Seminars, African Studies
- Business Administration – Business Administration (major or minor) Management Information Systems (major)
- Computer Science – Computer Science (major or minor) and Management Information Systems (major)
What does the scholarship cover?
- Students who win scholarships will be eligible for :
- full or partial financial support to cover their tuition fees, text books, housing, and meals.
- In addition, 40 scholarship recipients will receive laptops each year.
- All scholarship recipients will also receive priority for a campus job to help meet their financial need. Students will typically work 10 hours or less each week and use the income earned for personal expenses.
How many scholarships are given?
- The Scholars Program at Ashesi will provide 200 young people from economically disadvantaged communities who have demonstrated academic talent and leadership potential with access to quality and relevant education over 10 years
Which countries are targeted?
- Half of the scholarships funded by The MasterCard Foundation will be awarded to non-Ghanaians.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- The selection process begins by determining who should be given an offer of admission based on each applicant’s overall profile. Applicants are considered on the basis of documented financial need and upon a thorough assessment by the Ashesi Scholarship Committee of all information gathered during the admissions process for each candidate.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): International students for who English is a second language must submit a TOEFL score. The minimum passing grade required is 213 for the Internet Based Test (iBT) and 550 for the Paper-Based Test (PBT).
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- The application procedure and timetable are the same for both international candidates and candidates applying from schools in Ghana. If a secondary school transcript or any other supporting document is in a language other than English, submit certified copies of an exact translation of the document in addition to the certified copies of the original document(s).
- International students for whom English is a second language must submit their results for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Exam.
- By Postal Mail: Admissions Office – Ashesi University College – PMB CT3, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana
- By E-mail – Scan completed application and email to: email@example.com
- Regular Application Deadline: 30th June
Note: International and scholarship applications must be submitted no later than the regular admissions deadline.
How do I get more information?
- Apply to the School and Scholarship – http://www.ashesi.edu.gh/admissions/how-to-apply.html
- Scholarship Information – http://www.ashesi.edu.gh/admissions/fees-and-financial-aid.html
- Free Undergraduate Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Great Undergraduate Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/undergraduate/
- Undergraduate Study in Mauritius – Africa Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/study-in-mauritius/