- The University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship is a scholarship for new international undergraduate and postgraduate students. It was established in 2016.
- The main purpose of the Scholarship is to attract high-caliber new international students to enroll in undergraduate or postgraduate taught study programs for one year or more at the University.
- University of Auckland, New Zealand
Field(s) of Study
- Any undergraduate or postgraduate taught study programme.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Compulsory tuition fees not exceeding $10,000.
How many scholarships are given?
- Up to 50 scholarships are available.
Which countries are targeted?
- International students who are neither citizens, permanent residents nor resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student.
- Be a new student or an English Language Academy (ELA) student who has received a conditional or unconditional offer of admission.
- Be enrolled or in the process of enrolling in a full-time Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip), master’s degree of 120 points or more (excluding masters by thesis), or an undergraduate degree.
- Have a grade point equivalent (GPE) of at least 6.00.
- Be enrolled as an “on Campus” registration.
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- Applications are made to the Scholarships Office at the University of Auckland.
- A Selection Committee will then assess the applications.
- The Scholarship is then awarded by the University of Auckland Council based on the recommendation of the Selection Committee
- The application period for this scholarship usually opens around six weeks before the closing date. Ensure that you familiarize yourself with the scholarship regulations before applications open.
- Academic Merit
- Quality of the application letter
- Quality of the endorsement by the applicant’s referee
- Alignment of the intended study programme with the University’s strategic aims
- 21 November 2023
How do I get more information?