Norwegian Business School
Bachelor of Shipping Management
The program will enable you to:
- interact with and learn from an international group of fellow students with diverse cultural backgrounds
- develop analytical and strategic skills related to commercial, financial and organizational opportunities/challenges in the shipping industry
- write a bachelor thesis in close cooperation with companies in the shipping and offshore industries and the cluster companies surrounding these global industries
- get acquainted with the Norwegian shipping environment and get access to exciting and surprisingly versatile job opportunities in an international industry
- get a solid grounding in the fundamentals of management
The Bachelor of Shipping Management program is taught entirely in English
Scholarships are available for excellent applicants. The scholarships consist of a full tuition fee waiver for the first year of the program (Value NOK 65,200) and a 50% tuition fee waiver for the second and the third year of the program (Value approx. NOK 30,000 for each year). The 50% tuition fee waiver for the second and third year is contingent on above average academic performance in the first respectively the second year of the program.
The Bachelor of Shipping Management scholarships are intended for non-Norwegian applicants not residing in Norway. If you are applying for a scholarship, this must be submitted in a separate letter with heading: Scholarship application. The scholarship application must be submitted no later than April 15th.
Graduates from the Bachelor of Shipping Management are expected to be offered exciting opportunities within ship owning companies, ship management, banks, insurance firms and government agencies.
The Bachelor of Shipping Management provides students with sufficient skills to enter management assistant and middle management positions in the shipping industry and related activities. Graduates will be able to assist in shipping analysis in commercial banks, financial institutions, brokers and business consultants.