- The Turkish Government welcomes international students to pursue their studies in Turkey with the aim of raising generations that will come up with solutions to the problems in their countries as well as the world at large.
- Turkish Government Scholarships are funded by the government of Turkey. These scholarships are very competitive and are awarded to outstanding students who intend to study at top universities in Turkey.
- Outstanding international students have the opportunity to apply for scholarships to study in the most prestigious universities in the country.
- Turkish Government Scholarships not only provide financial support but also ensure university placement for students in their intended program of application. Applicants are placed in a university and program based on their preferences as specified in the online application form.
- Universities in Turkey
Fields of Study
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
What does the scholarship cover?
- A monthly allowance of 800 Turkish Lira
- Tuition Fees
- Health insurance
- A one-year Turkish language course (if there is no proof of proficiency)
- One return flight ticket to be used at the beginning and end of the program
- University and program placement
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- International students
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible for Undergraduate Programs, the applicant must:
- Be under the age of 21, i.e. born no earlier than 01.01.2001 for undergraduate programs (not older than 21)
- Be a citizen of a country other than Turkey. (Anyone holding or having ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply.) Dual citizens who hold Turkish and any other country’s nationality may not apply.
- Not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying,
- Have graduated or be likely to graduate from a secondary education institution
- Have an acceptable level of high school education, equivalent to the high schools in Turkey.
- Have attained a specified cumulative grade point average, diploma grade, national exam, or international exam score, the equivalent of a minimum academic achievement of 70%.
- Be in good health
- Students who are currently studying in Turkey cannot apply for a scholarship for the level at which they are now studying
- Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship cannot apply for this program
- Students can only apply for one scholarship program at a time, according to their academic goals and educational background
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- Application to the Turkey Government Scholarship Program is an online process that is done via the Turkish Government Scholarship website.
- Applications are free of charge.
- Applications delivered by hand or post will not be evaluated.
- Applicants are encouraged to take note of the instructions and warnings in the application system.
- Online application
- A copy of a valid ID card – passport, national ID card, birth certificate, etc.
- A recent passport photo
- Certified high school diploma, or temporary certificate of graduation
- Academic transcripts (avoid uncertified transcripts and online screenshots)
- National examination scores for candidates with no international certification
- International examination scores (GMAT, DELF, YDS, GRE, etc.) as required by the university
- Language test scores (if required by the university)
Evaluation and selection
- Preliminary assessment – Applications are reviewed based on basic criteria such as minimum academic grades, age limit, required documents, etc.
- Shortlisting – Applications of eligible candidates are carefully reviewed by expert committees based on a broader set of criteria. A list of qualified candidates is then shortlisted for interviews.
- Interview – Shortlisted candidates are interviewed in more than 100 countries by interview committees including academicians and experts.
- Selection – The interview results of candidates nominated by the interview committees are evaluated by a selection committee, after which the list of candidates to be awarded scholarships is formed.
- 20th February 2022
How Do I Get More Information?