10. The Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education – STINT
- A new scholarship programme for foreign students at international master programmes in Sweden. STINT has invited a number of foreign universities to nominate candidates to the programme. SSAE is a scholarship programme for students attending two-year international master’s programmes at Swedish universities. The purpose of the program is to attract excellent students from eminent universities in Asia, Latin America and Africa. STINT has the long-term ambition of increasing the cooperation in research and higher education between Sweden and these regions.
9. Malaysian International Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies
- provides opportunities for students from countries with diplomatic relations and bilateral cooperation with Malaysia to pursue advanced academic study in Malaysia. The purpose of this scholarship is to promote bilateral arrangement with partner countries on government to government basis, and to encourage students from other countries to study in Malaysia with the view to facilitate future collaboration and exchange of scholars in enhancing educational cooperation between Malaysia and partner countries. Malaysian International Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies are available for postgraduate studies at Masters and PhD level tenable at Malaysian Universities. The duration of the award is 36 months for PhD and between 12 to 24 months for Masters programme.
8. Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- This benefaction creates in perpetuity an international scholarship programme to enable outstanding graduate students from outside the United Kingdom to study at the University of Cambridge. The Trustees are required to award scholarships on the basis of a person’s intellectual ability, leadership capacity and desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout the world by providing service to their communities and applying their talents and knowledge to improve the lives of others.
7. Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- This award is a mainstay of America’s public-diplomacy efforts. It brings citizens of other countries to the United States for Master’s degree or Ph.D. study at U.S. universities or other appropriate institutions. More than 1,800 new Foreign Fulbright Fellows enter U.S. academic programs each year. Foreign students apply for Fulbright Fellowships through the Fulbright Commission/Foundation or U.S. Embassy in their home countries. The Institute of International Education (IIE) arranges academic placement for most Fulbright nominees and supervises participants during their stay in the United States.
6. OFID Scholarship Award
- OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified undergraduate students are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2009/10. The OFID Scholarship will be awarded to support an undergraduate student from any developing country, to pursue higher education in a relevant field of development, in any recognized university/college in the world.
5. Australian Development Scholarships (ADS)
- are a bilateral program within the Australian scholarships program.
- Australian Development Scholarships are a highly valued form of development cooperation that aims to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia’s partner countries to promote growth and stability. They provide opportunities for people from developing countries to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study in Australia.
- Fields of study are targeted to address agreed priority human resource and development needs of recipient countries, in line with Australia’s bilateral aid program.
- Australian Development Scholarships equip scholars with the skills and knowledge to drive change and influence the development outcomes of their own country through obtaining tertiary qualifications at participating Australian higher education institutions and technical colleges.
- Scholarship holders are required to return to their country of citizenship for two years after they have completed their studies to contribute to the development of their country.
- Up to 1000 Australian Development Scholarships are awarded each year across 31 countries with scholarships awarded equally between men and women.
4. Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme
- The Shared Scholarship Scheme is a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (with funding from DFID), and UK universities, to support scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom.
- University of Edinburgh
- Commonwealth Scholarships now open to Zimbabweans
- Who is eligible?
3. DAAD Scholarship Programme
- Scholarship database. Looking for an overview of the various types of funding offered by the DAAD or of the programmes offered by other funding organisations for a study stay in Germany? Find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations. You can find the criteria used for selecting the programmes offered by other funding organisations.
2. Overseas Research Students Awards Scheme
- For PhD and Masters Research Study
- Locate a university in UK offering your area of study and apply for the ORS scholarship in that University.
- ORSAS was set up by the Secretary of State for Education and Science in 1979 to attract high-quality international students to the United Kingdom to undertake research. The Scheme is funded through the four UK higher education funding bodies (for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland).
1. Erasmus Mundus
- The Erasmus Mundus programme is a co-operation and mobility programme in the field of higher education which promotes the European Union as a centre of excellence in learning around the world. It supports European top-quality Masters Courses and enhances the visibility and attractiveness of European higher education in third countries. It also provides EU-funded scholarships for third country nationals participating in these Masters Courses, as well as scholarships for EU-nationals studying at Partner universities throughout the world.