FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- provides expenses for a four-year course of study toward a bachelor’s degree for up to twenty-two exceptionally able Asian students annually. Wesleyan is now accepting applications for participation in the Wesleyan Freeman Asian Scholarship Program. The chosen applicants will join 2,800 other Wesleyan undergraduates from throughout the United States and nearly 50 countries for study with an outstanding teaching and research faculty in the sciences and mathematics, the arts, the humanities, and the social and behavioral sciences. This program is made possible by Wesleyan University and the Freeman Foundation, which aims to improve understanding and to strengthen ties between the United States and the countries and regions of the Pacific Rim
- To enable South Korean scholars to pursue advanced degrees in specific fields of business administration, management science, and engineering. It is anticipated that South Korean scholars will utilize their knowledge to enhance the viability of the South Korean economy through the expansion of educational technology in the fields of international business, international banking, computer science, information technology, research and development, and related fields. Hyundai Scholarships of up to full tuition (fees excluded) are awarded for the period of one academic year. These awards may be renewed for one to four additional years, depending upon the program of study. Renewal applications are required. Applicants are expected to return to Korea upon completion of their programs of study to contribute to the economic advancement of Korea.
- $5,000 (estimated) tuition scholarship. (SooYoungRo church sets aside $20,000 each year for several tuition scholarships. Actual award amount is determined by the church.) Entering (first-year) or returning but entering a new program, full-time, Korean or Korean-American students.
- up to$4000 for an academic year exchange
- number of awards available is variable pending funding
- U of A undergraduate student nominated to participate on a year exchange to a formally recognized partner institution in South Korea during the 2012–13 academic year with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA, and 2.7 GPA in the most recently completed term
Help provide educational opportunities for women. The family of Ken Bird will take an active role in the choice and welfare of the scholar. The scholarship is awarded jointly with International Students House.
Amount: Full tuition fee waiver and accommodation at International Students House.
Eligibility: Preference will be given to you if you are a female student from India or Sri Lanka and hold an offer for a full-time undergraduate degree in a technology based subject. The scholarship will be renewed each year based on your academic performance.
Criteria: Academic excellence, development potential and financial need.
FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
- offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships can not be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
- The scholarships are based mainly on cultural agreements or similar arrangements between Finland and the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine.