- Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are a program of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish higher education institutions.
- Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-renowned universities and a tradition of academic excellence.
- Saltire Scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers, with wide-ranging interests outside their studies and a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
- Universities and colleges in Scotland
Field(s) of Study
- Postgraduate Master’s Study in:
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
- Creative industries
What does the scholarship cover?
- Each scholarship is worth £8000 towards tuition fees for one year of full-time study.
How many scholarships are given?
Which countries are targeted?
- These scholarships are available to citizens of Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, USA, Pakistan, Japan, or China (Hong Kong included)
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university for an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland, online, or using a combination of both.
- Be able to demonstrate that you can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees for the second year of study.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the deadline.
Additional requirements include:
- Interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a particular university in Scotland
- An aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in your chosen career.
- Willingness to participate in all activities that accompany the scholarships
- Necessary communication and interpersonal skills required for participation in scholarship-related activities
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- First, apply for admission to a Postgraduate program at a Scottish university, and get an unconditional or conditional offer from the university. Your scholarship application will only be considered if you have this offer.
- Ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements for the scholarship.
- Complete the scholarship application form and submit it before the deadline.
- 12th June 2022
How do I get more information?
- Website: Saltire Scholarships