FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
- provides schooling opportunities for young girls at the age of 13-14 in the Ibo Island.
- The number of participants in the Ibo district rose from 8 in 2006 to 20 in 2007. The goal is for 2007 to increase this number to 30 girls. In another district of the QNP, Macomia, the goal of 30 girls benefiting from the scholarships was achieved in 2006/7.
- All sponsorship beneficiaries receive a monthly amount of 300, 00 Meticais** (approx. USD 12.5) for accommodation, transport and education materials.
FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
- The Africa ADS program provides academic scholarships to undertake There website is designed to be a useful tool for you to find out more information about the scholarships eligibility criteria, country specific details, the institutions at which the scholarships can be undertaken, information about Australia and the regions where the institutions are located as well as details on the forum (chat room) and alumni to connect with past and present awardees. Master Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas
- Priority sectors: Category 1: Public Health (including HIV/AIDS), Agriculture (including fisheries), Education, Water and Sanitation, Environmental Management, Trade and aspects of public administration related to these fields.Category 2: Environmental Management, Public Administration.
- Number of scholarships for 2009 intake : 16
- provides scholarships to students who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree (mainly Master’s degrees of one or two years) in either the United Kingdom or South Africa.
- The aim is to provide female students with scholarships that will equip them to take up leadership roles for the benefit of their community, nation and region. Applications to this UK administered programme are for courses in both South Africa and the UK, and will be considered for other relevant schemes if unsuccessful for this particular scheme.
- will offer two scholarships for postgraduate study in any subject offered by the University to students from Southern African countries. One of the scholarships will be available for a one year Master’s degree programme and the other scholarship for a three year PhD degree programme.
- The scholarship covers the overseas rate of tuition fee and University accommodation for the duration of the postgraduate degree programme.