- The Meta Research PhD Fellowship Program is a global initiative designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in relevant and innovative research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
- This program is open to students in any year of their PhD study at an accredited university. Students from diverse backgrounds, especially under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
- Any accredited university around the world.
Field(s) of Study
- AI System HW SW Co-Design
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Battery Research
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- AR/VR Human-Computer Interaction
- AR/VR Human Understanding
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Wireless
- Audio Presence
- Augmented Reality Audio
- Computational Social Science
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Human Computer Interaction – Social Media, People & Society
- Privacy and Data Practices
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Technology Policy Research
What does the scholarship cover?
- Two years of paid tuition and fees
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living costs
- Opportunities to engage with Meta researchers
- An invitation to the Meta Annual Fellowship Summit
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- International Students
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in the fall semester following the end of the application cycle (i.e. Fall 2023).
- Be engaged in research related to computer science and engineering in areas relevant to Meta as specified in the fields of study listed above.
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- First, prepare to apply for the fellowship by creating a SurveyMonkey Apply account.
- As you go through the application process, you will be asked to provide contact details for your references.
- Once you submit your application, your references will receive an email directing them on how to upload their letters in SurveyMonkey Apply by October 6, 2022.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Research Statement – 500 words or less, clearly indicating your area of focus, its importance to the field, and its applicability to Meta
- Two letters of recommendation – One from a PhD or research advisor, and the other from another professor or industry contact.
Applications will be assessed based on:
- Strength of the student’s research statement
- Publication record
- Recommendation letters
- September 20, 2022
How do I get more information?
- Website: Meta Research PhD Fellowship Program