- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program has committed over $700 million to support the leadership and education development of over 30,000 young people. The Scholars Program, together with several partners, ensures that students whose academic talent exceeds their financial capabilities are equipped with the knowledge and skills they need to become the next generation of ethical leaders.
- The MasterCard Foundation, together with the University of Edinburgh, will provide 200 full scholarships (80 undergraduate and 120 postgraduate) over the next seven years to African students who have display academic and leadership potential but are not able to access educational opportunities.
- This program aims to provide African students with scholarships over the next seven years.
- In addition, the MasterCard Scholars Program trains its scholars in transformative leadership programs with the aim of inspiring them to make a change in their communities and countries.
- University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
Field(s) of Study
Postgraduate Programs as follows:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Environment and Development
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Carbon Finance
- LLM Human Rights
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
What does the scholarship cover?
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation expenses
- Maintenance expenses
How many scholarships are given?
- 10 scholarships will be given out in the 2020/2021 academic year.
Which countries are targeted?
- Students from Sub-Saharan African countries.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Not have completed any other postgraduate degree
- Want to apply for one of the eligible courses listed
- Qualify academically for admission to your chosen degree
- Have a track record of leadership and service in the community
- Be able to display financial need and the inability to pay for higher education in your home country or elsewhere
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- If you are only interested in the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh, apply for that scholarship only.
- Make sure you follow the application instructions on the scholarship webpage carefully.
- November 29, 2019
How do I get more information?
- Free Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://myinternationalscholarships.com/forum