Jubilee First Oil National Essay Competition by Jubilee partners- Kosmos Energy, Anadarko, EO Group, Ghana National Petroleum Corporation, Tullow Oil and SABRE.
The competition is to create awareness for the youth on oil exploration in the country and is part of a series of activities heralding the drilling of oil in commercial quantities next month.
The competition is in two categories:
The Junior category
- Open to students of the Junior and Senior High Schools
- Topic – to what use should Ghana put its oil wealth
- The essays must not be more than 500 words
The Senior category
- Open to students of tertiary institutions
- Topic for the senior category is Ghana’s oil is for development; outline some developmental benefits of Ghana’s oil find.
- The essays must not be more than 750 words
Fact sheet on competition
- Only Ghanaians residing in the country are eligible to send entries and
- entries will be received from have from Friday 12 November, 2010 to November 30.
Entries must be sent via:
- email@example.com or
- firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by post mail to P.O. Box CT 5976, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana.
Three winners will be selected from the two categories
- Five judges – Member of Parliament for Ablekuma South, Fritz Baffoe; Joy FM’s Kweku Sakyi Addo; Dr Audrey Gadzekpo; Ms Elizabeth Ohene and Dr. Mawuli Adjei who will peruse the various entries with the hope of finding well analysed and insightful ideas; balanced, comprehensive and objective write-ups, with ideas well communicated.
Winners will be presented with packages including a laptop, educational grants and scholarships, cash prizes and jubilee souvenirs.