FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Update 2013 Full Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada Interested in Studying in Canada – this is an excellent opportunity. For those with limited resources winning this award will amount to a full and free undergraduate scholarship.
- Study in Canada at the University of British Columbia
- The University of British Columbia (UBC), established in 1908, is one of Canada’s leading research universities and is consistently ranked among the top 40 in the world. The university attracts 54,000 students from across Canada and 140 countries around the world to two major campuses.
FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
- Secured and/or supported doctoral or post-doctoral research placements for over 20 Iraqi academics, whose English language skills and, in some cases, existing links to UK universities have made them suitable candidates. Hosting universities are expected to waive associated bench and course fees, an action complemented by the award of a CARA fellowship to help meet living costs during the host period. Honorary research placements are for between 14 and 18 months, and PhD offers are full-time 3-year placements. CARA has encountered enormous goodwill amongst individual UK university faculty members, many of whom are keen to support fellow academics under fire.
- Through this unique scholarship opportunity, ExxonMobil aims to contribute to the Middle East and North Africa region by helping to develop highly skilled and culturally adept individuals, with a primary focus on geoscience.
- INSEAD professor, Theo Vermaelen, the Schroders Chaired Professor of International Finance and Asset Management, has chosen to fund one scholarship per year with matched funds from INSEAD for Iraqi participants on the full-time MBA programme at INSEAD. INSEAD Scholarships are the most sought-after source of financial assistance. They are limited in number and there is significant competition for each award. These scholarships are granted under various criteria and essentially there are two basic categories of scholarships:
- Need-based: demonstrate financial need
- Non-need based: based on either merit, nationality, gen
- Support from private and public sector funders, in an emergency rescue plan of historic proportions to assist more than 150 senior scholars in Iraq whose lives and work are threatened. Responds to one of the greatest academic crises of our time: the systematic destruction of the intellectual capital of Iraq through the persecution and killing of scholars.
- Study for a Master’s Degree in the UK
- The KRSF is able to provide full or partial scholarships for masters’ degrees at universities around the UK depending on the level of financial need or whether other grants are available to applicants. While we are able to provide full funding, we are also happy to provide matching funds.
- In addition, the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (the FCO) and the KRSF jointly fund up to 10 KRSF/Chevening awards annually for postgraduate study.
- The Foundation can also consider distance learning courses and shorter postgraduate courses at accredited UK academic institutions.