- The Deutschland Stipendium provides financial and non-material support to high-achieving and committed international students at all participating universities in Germany.
- It is modelled after the principle of public-private partnership, where businesses, foundations, or private individuals sponsor young talent with a pledge of 150 euros per month. The Federal Government in turn matches this amount with another 150 euros.
- Universities and private sponsors also support Deutschland Stipendium holders through concurrent mentoring programs, networking events, and internships.
- All state and state-recognized universities in Germany
Field(s) of Study
- Any undergraduate program offered at the universities.
What does the scholarship cover?
- 300 euros per month
How many scholarships are given?
- In 2020, 28,100 students received Deutschland Stipendium scholarships.
Which countries are targeted?
- International Students
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Demonstrate academic achievement
- Demonstrate personal achievement in form of awards and prizes
- Show proof of previous employment and internships
- Show proof of participation in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrate that you have overcome any challenges relating to your social or family background.
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- The Deutschland Stipendium is awarded by the universities to individuals who have met the basic eligibility requirements for the scholarship.
- Scholarship results are relayed either in writing or via email.
- Applications are open throughout the year.
How do I get more information?
- Website: Deutschland Stipendium Scholarships