- This scholarship was created in memory of Professor Denys Holland, who took a keen interest in students’ extra-curricular activities as well as in their academic progress.
- The Denys Holland Scholarship targets undergraduate students who would otherwise be unable to secure sufficient funding to study for an undergraduate degree at University College London (UCL).
- It is open to prospective students both from the UK and overseas.
- University College London
Field(s) of Study
- All undergraduate programs at the university
What does the scholarship cover?
- This scholarship is worth £9,000 per year for three years.
- Annual renewal of this scholarship is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
NOTE: The Denys Holland Scholarship amount may not be sufficient to cover the full cost of study, and as such, recipients may need to seek additional funding towards tuition fees and living costs.
How many scholarships are given?
- One scholarship
Which countries are targeted?
- Prospective undergraduate students from the UK and overseas are welcome to apply for this scholarship.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Have a valid UCL Student Number
- Hold a valid UCAS Personal ID (not Registration Number)
- Have an offer of admission to UCL for a full-time undergraduate program starting in September 2021
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate that you have broad interests and that you intend to be actively involved in and contribute to the life of the university
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- First, apply for admission to an undergraduate program at UCL and get a valid UCL Student Number.
- Next, download and complete the scholarship application form. The application form will have sections for you to fill in that include:
- Details of your current outside interests and areas of non-academic activity that you would like to pursue while you are a student
- Information on your financial circumstances
- Once your application is complete, send it together with your supporting documents to the Student Funding Office via email as indicated on the website.
- Financial need
- Applicants demonstrating their intention to play a full part in extracurricular activities of UCL and the Students Union.
- The Denys Holland Scholarship Committee meets in mid-August, and as such, successful candidates should expect to be notified by email in early/mid-September.
- 2 July 2021
How do I get more information?
- Website: Denys Holland Scholarship