Chinese Government Scholarship program is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between Chinese government and governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarships and partial scholarships to international students and scholars. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship Programs.
CATEGORIES OF APPLICANTS AND DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
|Duration of Program
|Duration of RemedialChinese Language Courses
|1-2 (college preparatory courses)
|Chinese language training
|Up to 2
|Up to 2
|Up to 2
1. According to the regulations stipulated by MOE, all undergraduate programs for international students are instructed in Chinese. Applicants with no command of Chinese are required to take the college preparatory courses for one to two years before pursuring major studies. And only by passing the examinations of the college preparatory courses, could they start their university studies.
2. Certain Chinese HEIs could conduct some postgraduate program and non-degree courses for general and senior scholars in English. Please check Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program or visit the Website of CSC for details.
3. Scholarship students should complete their study within the due time; duration for scholarship specified in the Admission Notice can not be extended in principle.
Applicants shall apply to Chinese diplomatic missions or dispatching authorities between January and April every year. Applicants may contact the above authorities for deadlines for application.
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
– Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
– Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
– Applicants for Chinese training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35, Chinese language is the only subject available.
– Applicants for general scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and be under the age of 45, all subjects besides Chinese language are available.
– Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
VALUES OF SCHOLARSHIP
1. Full Scholarship
– Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials; and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;
– Living allowance;
– One-off settlement subsidy after registration;
– Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Program for International Students in China;
– One-off inter-city travel subsidy.
CLICK HERE for MORE INFORMATION