- The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship aims to offer the highly talented potential students the opportunity to pursue a degree either in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in the selected number of fields at Utrecht University.
- Utrecht University
Field(s) of Study
International Bachelor’s programmes:
- Economics and Business Economics
- Liberal Arts & Sciences at University College Utrecht
International Master’s programmes:
- Graduate School of Geosciences
- Graduate School of Humanities
- Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance
- Graduate School of Life Sciences
- Graduate School of Natural Sciences
- Graduate School of Social and Behavioural Sciences
What does the scholarship cover?
- Selected students are awarded a scholarship up to €28 350 annually for the duration of the programme. That is, a maximum of two years for a Master’s degree and three years for a Bachelor’s degree.
- The renewal of the scholarship for the second (and third) year will be based on the student’s satisfactory performance of fulfilling the degree.
How many scholarships are given?
- 55 scholarships are awarded each year
Which countries are targeted?
- All international students from non-EU/EEA countries
Am I Eligible to Apply?
Only applicants for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships who meet all the following conditions will be considered for the scholarship:
- Non – EU/EEA citizen
- A non-Dutch secondary school diploma holder
- Registered in the International Master’s programme within one of the Graduate Schools mentioned above, the Bachelor’s programme in Economics and Business Economics or to University College Utrecht
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree (for a Master’s programme) or secondary school diploma (for a Bachelor’s programme), or an equivalent thereof
- Complied with the requirements of getting a visa in the Netherlands
- Students starting their programme in February are not eligible for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships.
Candidates for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and potential in the proposed field of study
- Proven academic track record
- Financial plan quality and feasibility
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- Application is not possible for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships.You Only apply to the school for admission
- CLICK HERE to begin the online application process
- The selection is done by a committee of the program who will choose the eligible candidates based on the criteria mentioned above.
- Prospective Bachelor’s students in Economics and Business Economics who wish to be considered for the scholarship should apply for admission before 1 April.
- Prospective Master’s students who wish to be considered for the scholarship should apply for admission before 1 December.
- The selected candidates will be offered a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship at the latest in May 2013.
How do I get more information?
- Website: Utrecht Excellence Scholarship
For more information – CLICK HERE