- This prestigious scholarship is open to the best and brightest international students entering a direct-entry undergraduate program at the University of Saskatchewan and studying in Canada on a valid study permit. Students who are high achievers, display leadership characteristics, and contribute to their school and community life are encouraged to apply.
- The host school for this scholarship is the University of Saskatchewan (U of S), a beautiful post-secondary educational institution located in the city of Saskatoon in Canada.
Fields of Study
- All of the U of S undergraduate programs
What does the scholarship cover?
The U of S currently offers three types of scholarships for international students for the 2014-2015 academic year, as follows:
- U of S International Excellence Awards, a o
- ne-time scholarship valued at $10,000 CDN
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Excellence Awards, a one-time scholarship valued at $15,000 CDN
- United World College (UWC) Excellence Awards, a one-time scholarships valued at $20,000 CDN
How many scholarships are given?
- 6 scholarships for the U of S International Excellence Awards
- 4 scholarships for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Excellence Awards
- 2 scholarships for the United World College (UWC) Excellence Awards
Which countries are targeted?
- Azerbaijan, Brazil, Brunei, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Ecuador, Estonia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala
- Hong Kong, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgystan
- Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Norway
- Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey
- Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Open to all international students (non-Canadian citizens paying differential tuition) entering any direct-entry college at the University of Saskatchewan
- For the IB Excellence Award Scholarships, the candidate must be completing a full IB diploma
- For the UWC Excellence Award Scholarships, the candidate must completing a full IB diploma at one of the United World Colleges
How to Apply – Next Steps
- Fill-out an application form online on or before February 15, 2014.
- Complete necessary supporting documents such as transcript from previous school, a highschool diploma, etc on or before March 15, 2014. Requirements vary per country
- Pay the $90 CDN application fee (waived for UWC applicants) and take the English Language Proficiency on or before March 15, 2014
- The undergraduate admission starts in September 2014. To be considered for this, the candidate has to submit his/ her completed application form on or before February 15, 2014. Supporting documents, application fees and other requirementa must be completed by March 15, 2014.
How do I get more information?
For more information, interested applicants can go to the following links:
- University of Saskatchewan office for international admissions can be contacted thru:
105 Administration Place
Saskatoon SK S7N 5A2
Tel.: (306) 966-5788
Fax: (306) 966-2115
FOR MORE INFORMATION – CLICK HERE