Looking for an undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria – Here is our list of the best opportunities that are available.
Agip Oil Company Scholarships in Nigeria
- Host Communities Merit Award: For applicants strictly from NAOC host communities – Only indigenes of NAOC host communities in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers State SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.
- National Merit Award: For applicants from non-host communities – Only candidates studying Engineering and Medicine are eligible for the National Merit Award. Candidates for the National Merit Award should be students that obtained 275 marks and above in the admission examination exercise conducted by JAMB.
- To qualify for consideration for Scholarships in Nigeria applicants MUST be Registered FULL TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions and certified 100 level students
- AUN understands what is involved in attaining a globally respected, private university degree and that such an investment may require outside financial support. AUN’s Financial Aid Program is designed to assist qualified students who may not have all the financial resources to attend a place such as AUN. We believe that financial considerations should not be barriers to quality education for students who meet our academic criteria.
- in conjunction with BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO ISEYIN AGRONOMY LIMITED (BATIA) invites applications from qualified Nigerians for the University/Polytechnic Scholarship Awards.
- This is part of our Corporate Social Responsibility initiative to promote academic excellence and skilled manpower development in Nigeria’s Agricultural Sector.
- The National Scholarship Award Scheme is open to all qualified first year undergraduate in any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- are policy measures and programmes designed to augment Formal Education for National, Economic and Scientific development of the country.
- The Federal Government in its effort to improve Education in the country and the welfare of Nigerian Students in tertiary institutions nationwide has put in place a revitalised Scholarships in Nigeria scheme.
- The revitalized award scheme is for both postgraduate and undergraduate students already in Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education, pursuing second year courses and HND I and above in these institutions.
Gani Fewehinmi Scholarships in Nigeria
- Applications are invited for Chief Gani Fawehinmi Annual Scholarship Scholarships in Nigeria. The award is for 40 (forty) students, each of whom will receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000.00) for their education.
- Criteria for Award:
- Applicant must be poor and indigent.
- Applicant must be registered students of Tertiary institutions in Nigeria i.e Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education.
- Applicants must have good academic performances.
- Mode of Application: Each applicant shall submit an application letter, not more than two pages. The letter must include the name of the candidate, course of study, year of study, state of origin, and why the candidate believes that he/she should be given the scholarship award.
- The Merry Hearts Scholarship Fund’s main objective is to provide financial assistance in the form of a scholarship to students in need, while promoting an environment of encouragement to let the students know and understand that they are of value not only to their family and school, but to their nation and the global arena.
- We recognize that in a world where everything revolves around money, too many talented and motivated students are cheated out of a quality education because of their families’ inability to meet the financial obligations of sending a child to school.
Mobil Producing Nigeria National Undergraduate Scholarship in Nigeria Awards
- As part of its support to educational development and human capacity building, Mobil Producing Nigeria, operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Venture awards annual Scholarships in Nigeria to qualified students in Universities.
- Awards will be made to qualified and suitable students from every state of the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)
- Applications in the following list of approved disciplines will be considered: Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology/Geophysics, Medicine (MBBS Only) and Agricultural Science (And related fields)
- Candidates must be holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed at a sitting with a minimum of 5 Distinctions.
- Applicants must be registered full-time undergraduates in their 1st or 2nd year of study in any Nigerian University.
- Students who are currently on similar Scholarships in Nigeria awards from other oil and gas companies need not apply.
- Dependants of employees of Mobil Producing Nigeria, Mobil Oil Nigeria plc and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship scheme seeks to attract high performing full time second year students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics and colleges of education) in Nigeria. The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
- In an effort to help eliminate some of the barriers that discourage or exclude girls from the benefits of basic and advanced education, PCNAF established a scholarship program for Nigerian girls in need of financial assistance to complete their secondary school education. According to data released by UNICEF, only 4% of Nigerian girls in the secondary school age group are enrolled in secondary school. Studies have found that more girls than boys drop out, repeat grades, or do not finish the primary cycle. Meanwhile, the United Nations Population Fund maintains that a 0.3 percent boost in economic growth results from a one-percent increase in the number of girls finishing secondary school. This scholarship program was created in an effort to eliminate some of the barriers that discourage or exclude girls from the benefits of basic and advanced education. PCNAF believes educating girls will help raise economic productivity and reduce poverty.
- Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write aptitude tests to join the evergrowing list of students which Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja centres.
- There are two categories of the Scholarships in Nigeria Scheme, the National Merit Award (NM), open to Nigerian undergraduates and Areas of Operation Merit Award (AOM), for students from communities in which Shell Nigeria operates. Only first year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
- An average of 16,000 applicants respond to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities.
- aims to enhance access to education, promote academic excellence and improve manpower development.
- Our Scholarships in Nigerias are categorized into two:
- Community Scholarship Scheme; for members of our operational areas.
- National Merit Scholarship Scheme; for deserving Nigerian students studying in Nigerian universities for their first degree programme in Engineering, Sciences, Law, Accounting, Economics and Banking & Finance.