- Middlebury takes seriously its role as a marketplace of ideas. Each year, students from more than 70 other countries, as well as all 50 states in the U.S., come together to share the diverse backgrounds and experiences that make learning here so rewarding, and life here so rich. We invite you to consider what you might gain from coming to Middlebury , and what you might contribute to others who, like yourself, seek the lessons that can be offered by a truly international community.
About the School
- From its proud history spanning more than two centuries, Middlebury College has emerged as one of a handful of the most highly regarded liberal arts colleges. Middlebury is unique among these schools in being a classic liberal arts college that also offers graduate and specialized programs operating around the world.
- The College is committed to educating students in the tradition of the liberal arts, which embodies a method of discourse as well as a group of disciplines; in our scientifically and mathematically oriented majors, just as in the humanities, the social sciences, the arts, and the languages, we emphasize reflection, discussion, and intensive interactions between students and faculty members. Our vibrant residential community, remarkable facilities, and the diversity of our co-curricular activities and support services all exist primarily to serve these educational purposes.
Field(s) of Study
- Any undergraduate course
- The largest international scholarship program for undergraduates, the Davis United World College Scholars Program builds international understanding and educates leaders by creating clusters of globally aware and committed students at 91 partner institutions around the country. Over the past 12 years, the program has brought 275 talented students from around the world to Middlebury.
- Cofounder Shelby Davis has challenged Middlebury alumni, parents, and friends to match his contributions to establish an endowed fund that will provide financial aid to students from the United World Colleges.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Middlebury follows a need-aware admissions policy.
Which countries are targeted?
- Many (almost all)
- \international candidates are not required to file any special forms, but should take care to fully document their academic and personal profiles.Middlebury requires all applicants to file our Pre-Application Supplement and the Common Application. The Transcript Request and Mid-Year Report forms provided with our application package may not pertain to all international educational systems, so candidates should ask their secondary school administrators to forward all appropriate transcripts, standardized tests and recommendations to the Admissions Office.
How many scholarships are given?
- Though Middlebury is not need-blind in its admission of international students, we do meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need of any student we admit, US or international. International students seeking financial assistance must apply for aid at the time of applying for admission to Middlebury, and by the deadlines indicated on our website.
- Applications for financial assistance from international students submitted after admission to Middlebury will not be accepted, nor will they be accepted for any of their four years of enrollment at Middlebury.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- The average paper-based TOEFL score for matriculating students is approximately 615; computer-based is 281; and internet-based is 109.
- Submitted by November 1 for Early Decision I, or
- by January 1 for Early Decision II and Regular Decision.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- The fee for applying to Middlebury College is US $65. Payment may be made by MasterCard, Visa, check or money order.
- Please contact Student Financial Services (802-443-5158) if you prefer to wire the application fee.
- Ask your sending bank to include student name and address as identifying information on the wire.
How do I get more information?
- Free Scholarships – http://www.
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ graduate/
- Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://