- is targeted at top academic students who are citizens of countries from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland).
- Top academic students have a proven record of achieving consistently high grades in previous studies. The scholarship is selective and completely merit based. No consideration is taken of the students’ financial needs in the selection process.
- A selective, merit-based scholarship to recognize top academic students from outside the EU/EEA
- Study at Lund University (Netherlands) seeks to be a world-class university that works to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
- The University is ranked as one of the top 100 in the world. We tackle complex problems and global challenges and work to ensure that knowledge and innovations benefit society. We provide education and research in engineering, science, law, social sciences, economics and management, medicine, humanities, theology, fine art, music and drama.
Field(s) of Study
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level studies at Lund University
- Lund University offers over 500 free-standing courses, over 90 Master’s level programs and 5 Bachelor’s degree programmes, taught in English.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Scholarships may cover 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the tuition fee.
- The scholarship value is deducted from the tuition fee of the program or free-standing course for which you are awarded a scholarship.
- Please note that the Lund University Global Scholarship does not cover living costs.
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- You must be a citizen of a country from outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland) and are required to pay a tuition fee
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- The Bachelor’s programs are open to all students who have completed their upper secondary level schooling and who meet the specific admission requirements of the program.
- Currently, Lund University offers five full Bachelor’s degree programs that are taught in English:
- Bachelor’s in Development Studies
- Bachelor’s in Mathematics
- Bachelor’s in Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science
- Bachelor’s in Physics
- Bachelor’s in Fine Art
- Masters Scholarship – too many options to list – check the website
How to I Apply – Next Steps
Step # 1 – Apply for University Admission
- Find your degree programme or course and follow the “apply now” link that takes you directly to University Admissions in Sweden
- Create an account on the national University Admissions in Sweden website and follow the steps to make your online application
- Send all supporting documents to University Admissions in Sweden.
STEP # 2 – Apply for Scholarship
- To apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship, you must first apply for the programme(s) or free-standing course(s) you wish to study at Lund University using the online, national application website, www.universityadmissions.se, during the application time for autumn semester studies. You then apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship using our online application form (the online form is published when the application period is open).
- Once you have completed the online scholarship application, you post a printed and signed copy of the completed application form, your CV and scholarship “motivation letter” together with your programme/course application supporting documents. These are all posted together to University Admissions in Sweden, FE 1, SE–833 83 Stroemsund, Sweden.
- School Application – 17 October – 15 January for studies starting in the autumn semester (August/September).
- Scholarship Application – 20 January 2014. (online application form)
How do I get more information?
- For more information – CLICK HERE
- Free Scholarships – http://www.
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ graduate/