- MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM AT KNUST…EXCEEDING LIMITS, TRANSFORM.
- Our goal is to raise transformational leaders to influence change on the African Continent. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education. It embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change for Africa.
- Study at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi, Ghana.
- established in 1952, KNUST has a rich history in its evolution into a first class University over the years. Kwame Nkrumah, the African Personality of the Century and pioneer of African independence is the founder of KNUST. KNUST believes in achievement through diligence and commitment. We continue to develop plans not only to maintain our status as Ghana’s No.1 but also to improve our international standing.
Field(s) of Study
- A preference for Science students; however, all subjects are considered
What does the scholarship cover?
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid accommodation, learning materials and uniforms, transportation and stipend
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build relationships and scholar capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching and tutoring
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community service and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back) and uniquely sourced internship.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Community and Alumni
How many scholarships are given?
- 50 given in 2014
Which countries are targeted?
- Sub-Sahara Africa
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- ALL STUDENTS FROM THE 303 LESS ENDOWED SCHOOLS (classified by the GHANA EDUCATION SERVICE) who satisfy KNUST’s admission requirements
- However, attention will be given to students outside the less endowed schools with extremely critical needs.
- International students from provable economically vulnerable background
- Girls and physically challenged applicants will be given top priority
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- Download a copy of the application form from www.mcf.knust.edu.gh
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to
- The Program Manager,
- MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program,
- Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
- Private Mail Bag
- Kumasi, Ghana
- For International Students, scan and pdf all relevant attachments to the Application form as one document and mail it to email@example.com
- Applications close at 17:00GMT, 20th May
How do I get more information?
- Website: www.mcf.knust.edu.gh
- Website – http://knust.edu.gh/announcements/scholarships/call-for-applications-mastercard-foundation-scholarship-2015
- Free Scholarships – http://www.
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://