- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at Duke University represent the intellect and energy of the youth of Sub-Saharan Africa. With a financial commitment of $13.5 million from
- Study at Duke University, North Carolina, USA
- Duke University seeks to engage the mind, elevate the spirit and stimulate the best effort of all who are associated with the university; to contribute in diverse ways to the local community, the state, the nation and the world; and to attain and maintain a place of real leadership in all that we do.
- At Duke, scholars work with professors who have decades of experience leading projects in Africa. Through challenging classes, research opportunities, and programs designed especially for these students, The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at Duke are provided the educational tools needed to become leaders. Duke recognizes education is a catalyst for social and economic betterment. This visionary program creates a pipeline of leaders for a global society. Duke is proud to be among a select group of institutions participating in the program’s inaugural year.
Field(s) of Study
- Most undergrad courses offered at Duke
What does the scholarship cover?
- Everything – a comprehensive financial package – you’d won’t find better
- The Scholarship will cover
- room and board,
- books and supplies,
- requisite travel and
In addition, a specialized academic mentoring program will offer MasterCard Foundation Scholars academic support and ensure that a cohesive learning community is established.
How many scholarships are given?
- The MasterCard Foundation, Duke will educate seven classes of five students — a total of 35 students — over the next 10 years.
Which countries are targeted?
- Sub-Saharan Africa
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Duke is open to students from sub-Saharan Africa who demonstrate financial need, academic ability and merit, and demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of others in their communities.
- Students apply to Duke first, and are then considered for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
- Start the Application – Click Here – http://admissions.duke.edu/application/instructions#international
Please NOTE – these applications are lengthy and difficult. You will need a desktop computer with good internet access. You will need to spend time writing and re-writing your application. It is a long hard process – usually taking a 1-2 months to complete a strong and well written application.
- Website – http://mcfscholars.duke.edu/
- Free Scholarships – http://www.
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ graduate/
- Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://