- The Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships were established by the University of Melbourne in recognition of the significant contribution made by international students to the diversity of the University’s student population.
- These scholarships are open to all international students who accept an offer of a place in an undergraduate degree at the University.
- The International Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded to high achieving international students, as a way of recognizing their excellent academic results.
- There are two types of scholarships – a tuition fee remission in the first year of the undergraduate degree, and a 50% or 100% tuition fee remission for the normal full-time duration of the undergraduate degree.
- University of Melbourne
Field(s) of Study
- All study areas
What does the scholarship cover?
- The scholarship award covers up to a maximum of $56,000.
- There are 30 scholarships with a $10,000 fee remission
- There are 10 scholarships with a 100% tuition fee remission
How many scholarships are given?
- Approximately 50 every year
Which countries are targeted?
- International students
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To apply for this scholarship, you must:-
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand, and not a permanent resident of Australia.
- Have achieved
excellent final year school results, i.e.
- 4 A* Grades in GCE A levels
- An overall grade of 97% in an approved foundation program
- An International Baccalaureate score of 43
- Have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course at the University of Melbourne
- Not have taken any tertiary studies previously (excluding extension studies as part of year 12 studies)
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- There is no application process for this scholarship, as high achieving international students are automatically considered for the award.
- These scholarships are awarded based on academic merit.
- Applicants are ranked according to the results achieved in the final year of high school in order to determine the value of the scholarship.
- Once you apply and receive admission to the University of Melbourne, you will automatically be considered for a scholarship award.
- There are five selection rounds with a designated number of scholarships for each round. The first three selection rounds are in November, December and January for students commencing in Semester 1 or 2, and the other two rounds in April and May for students commencing in Semester 2.
- Successful candidates are notified via email two weeks after each selection round is held.
- The $10,000 fee remission scholarships are offered through the academic year on a rolling basis, at around the same time that course offers are made, i.e. January, April and May 2019.
- The 100% fee remission scholarships are offered between December and January of every year.
How do I get more information?
- Website: https://scholarships.unimelb.edu.au/awards/melbourne-international-undergraduate-scholarship
- Free Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://myinternationalscholarships.com/forum