- As part of the recruitment and retention strategy and initiative to address critical and scarce skills in the sector, the National Department of Social Development is hereby making a scholarship available in the field of Social Work.
- Accredited South African universities – please see list of host schools here.
Field(s) of Study
- Social Work
What does the scholarship cover?
- The Scholarship will pay for Registration, Tuition, Prescribed books, Official Accommodation provided by the university and practical stipends for fourth year students only. Only accommodation contracted by the relevant university will be considered.
How many scholarships are given?
- Limited, not indicated
Which countries are targeted?
- South Africa
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Be a South African Citizen
- Comply with the entry requirements set by the University
- Fully and correctly complete the Scholarship Application form
- Be prepared to enter into an agreement with the Department (More details will be contained in the agreement)
- Must complete the qualification within the minimum period as prescribed by the University.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- New applicants must comply with the entry requirements set by the University and provide proof of admission by the University or a proof of payment for admission.
- Attach the following documentation for the entry requirements in the application:
- Certified copy of Grade 12 results
- Certified copy of Identity Document of applicant
- Certified copy of ID and Proof of income of Parent/ Guardian
- Current first year students/Prospective students in Social Work who need to undergo a selection process as prescribed by the University must provide proof that they have been selected to continue with their studies. (proof of admission by the University/proof of payment for admission)
- Certified copy of Academic record on the official letterhead of the University
- Fully and correctly complete the scholarship application form which is obtainable from the Social Work faculty at the University or from the Provincial Departments of Social Development (See contact details below). Please see online application form here.
- Be prepared to enter into an agreement for counter service with the Department of Social Development.
- For 2014 Application, deadline 31 October 2013
How do I get more information?
- Ms Vuyelwa Mngadi: Phone: (012) 312 7294 / Email: VuyelwaM@dsd.gov.za or
- Ms Kefiloe Bosman at (012) 312 7223 / Email: Kefiloeb@dsd.gov.za
- List of host schools and contact details here.