Refugee and Asylum Seeker Scholarships were established by the University of Melbourne with the aim of assisting refugees and asylum seekers with the cost of tertiary education.
- Full fee remission and an annual allowance.
- The amount of the allowance will be determined by the selection committee, according to the level of assistance needed, up to a maximum of $10,000 per annum.
- At least two new scholarships are available in 2008.
- Applicants must be in receipt of an Australian Bridging visa or Temporary Protection visa, and be a new or currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate coursework student in 2008.
- Scholarships will be awarded by the Undergraduate and Graduate Coursework Scholarships Sub-Committee based on financial need and academic merit.
In order to be considered for the award of a Refugee and Asylum Seeker Scholarship, applicants must:
- submit an application for their preferred course(s). Course applications may be subject to different closing dates. For further details please contact International Admissions: Telephone: +61 3 8344 4505
- submit an application for the Refugee and Asylum Seeker Scholarship (PDF : 50KB) by 5:00 pm Friday 1 February 2008.
- For more information, please contact the Manager, Undergraduate and Graduate Coursework Scholarships: Telephone +61 3 8344 4677.
- Succesful applicants will be notified of the scholarship offer by mail.