- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU Amsterdam) has committed to providing €1 million towards attracting academically excellent and highly motivated students to pursue their studies at this institution.
- VU Amsterdam offers talented international students the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree.
- The VU Fellowship Program (VUFP) is a merit-based scholarship program for strongly motivated students with excellent study results from previous studies.
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU Amsterdam)
Field(s) of Study
- Any English-taught Master’s program at the University
What does the scholarship cover?
- A full tuition fee waiver
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- Any international student who does not have Dutch nationality can apply for this scholarship.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship:
- You must be able to prove your academic excellence (have a GPA of at least 80%)
- You must be admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree at VU Amsterdam
- You must have proof of English language proficiency
- You should not have obtained your undergraduate degree in the Netherlands
- Students with Dutch nationality and/or a Dutch degree are not eligible for this scholarship
- Any student currently following a one-year Master’s program cannot apply for the VU scholarship for the second year.
- Students who are already enrolled in a two-year Master’s program who have not been awarded the VUFP scholarship in 2018/19 are not eligible for the same scholarship in 2019/2020.
- Any student who receives the VU scholarship from the beginning can have the scholarship extended if he or she achieves 100% of the credits in the first year.
How to Apply – Next Steps
- Register for the Master’s Program
- First, students register for a master’s program on Studielink and after that on the VUnet Portal. For more details on the application process for English-taught master’s programs, check out the VUnet Portal.
- You must apply for the Master’s program before applying for the VUFP scholarship.
- Submit the VUFP application
- Submit your VUFP application on the VUnet portal
- Proof of excellence /GPA
- You are required to upload a transcript of your previous degree or current bachelor’s degree
- You are also required to provide a document with the used grading scale, containing a clear explanation of the GPA calculations. If the GPA achieved is the equivalent of the Dutch grade of 8.0 (on the Dutch scale of 1-10), then academic excellence is proven.
2. Motivation letter
- This letter should indicate your motivation for applying for the VUFP. You must convince the scholarship committee that you deserve to receive this scholarship.
- Topics reviewed in this motivation letter include:
- Why do you want to study the specific program?
- What are your future perspectives?
- Why do you think you deserve the VUFP scholarship?
- You can also mention other relevant motivations that will convince the committee that you deserve the scholarship
3. Curriculum Vitae
- Attach a current CV, written in the Europass format
- The Central VU Fellowship Program committee makes the decision on which students will receive the scholarship, based on merit.
- 8 weeks after the deadline, all students will receive an email notification informing them of the scholarship committees decision concerning their application. This will take place by 1 April 2019.
- Acceptance of the VUFP offer
- All selected candidates must either accept or decline the offer via the VUnet portal. The deadline for this is two weeks after the results are published, on 15 April 2019.
- February 1, 2019
How do I get more information?
- Free Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://myinternationalscholarships.com/forum