- The University of Iowa is a flagship public research university in Iowa City, Iowa. It was founded in 1847 and is the oldest and second-largest university in the state of Iowa.
- Since the establishment of the Presidential Scholarship in 1979, the University of Iowa has honored several promising young scholars with funding, community, and recognition.
- The University of Iowa offers the Presidential Scholarship to incoming first-year students. This scholarship is renewable for an additional three years, or until scholars complete their bachelor’s degree.
- Every year, selectors from University of Iowa’s five undergraduate colleges and a broad spectrum of academic disciplines congregate to select the most promising scholars out of hundreds of applications.
- This scholarship is open to newly admitted students who are scheduled to begin their undergraduate studies in Fall 2019.
- University of Iowa
Field(s) of Study
- All undergraduate study programs offered by the University
What does the scholarship cover?
- This scholarship covers only tuition and fees.
- The total amount of each Presidential Scholarship is determined by the scholar’s residency status, i.e.
- Iowa residents: Up to $74,000 (up to $18,500 a year up to four years)
- Nonresidents: Up to $80,000 (up to $20,000 a year up to four years)
- International Students: $40,000 ($10,000 a year up to four years)
How many scholarships are given?
- Up to 20 students are awarded scholarships every year.
Which countries are targeted?
- Both domestic and international students can apply for this scholarship.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To apply for the Presidential Scholarship, you must:
- Be admitted to the University of Iowa
- Have earned at least the equivalent of a 3.80 (weighted or unweighted) high school GPA on a 4.00 scale
- Achieved an ACT composite score of 33, or an equivalent SAT score
- Extraordinary intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional academic ability
- Authentic connection to the community through experiences and words
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- Register for, and take the ACT or SAT before the eligible test dates set by the university.
- Have the official test scores sent directly to the University.
- Apply for undergraduate admission at University of Iowa via the IOWA office of admissions login page
- Upload a copy of your High School Transcript before the application deadline
- After applying and receiving an offer to join and undergraduate program, apply for the Presidential Scholarship.
- You may be required to pay an application fee at some stages of the undergraduate application process.
- Make sure your application is complete and free of mistakes before you submit it
- Submit your application(s) before the deadline, if possible.
- Applications open in Mid-September 2018 and will most likely close in November 2018.
How do I get more information?
- Scholarship website: https://honors.uiowa.edu/presidential-scholarship
- Free Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://myinternationalscholarships.com/forum