UK Graduate Scholarships
Chevening Scholarships are for future leaders from around the world, usually to fund one-year Masters courses at British universities.
- Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship program, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. The program makes awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the UK.
- Study at universities in the UK.
Field(s) of Study
- Usually, a one-year taught Master’s degree is the only course supported by a Chevening Scholarship
- Applications from all fields are accepted; however, the country pages of the Chevening website contain details of priority subject areas which vary from country to country.
What does the scholarship cover?
- The program provides full or part funding for full-time courses at postgraduate level, normally a one-year Master’s degree, in any subject and at any UK university. A FULL Chevening Scholarship award normally comprises:
Payment of tuition fees
Travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
An arrival allowance
The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
An excess baggage allowance
A grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required)
A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses
How many scholarships are given?
- The Chevening program was established in 1983 and has developed into a prestigious international scheme. This year the Scholarships will support more than 2000 individuals. There are over 42,000 Chevening alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
Which countries are targeted?
- Chevening Scholars come from 118 countries worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU)
- Find your country here – http://www.chevening.org/apply
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 14 July.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country page.
- There are ten sections to the application form, and you will need to complete all sections before you can submit your application.
- The application form guidance explains each section in more detail. You can save your application at any time, and log in to complete it later.
- Make sure you don’t forget to submit your application before the deadline of 15th November.
- You are expected to submit applications to UK universities before, or at the same time as, applying for a Chevening Scholarship. In the majority of cases you must apply for a one-year Master’s course.
- More information about researching UK courses and universities can be found on the Chevening website at www.chevening.org/study/resources.
- You must ensure you meet the academic and English language requirements for your chosen course of study
- The application deadline is 3 November 23:59 GMT.
- This deadline is the same across the globe in all 150 countries and territories where Chevening operates.
- Applications must be made online and cannot be submitted after the deadline.
How do I get more information?
- Website – http://www.chevening.org/apply/
- Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) for Masters and Phd Studies – http://internationalscholarships.ca/malaysia-international-scholarship/
- Top Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/graduate/
- Free Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/