Full Scholarships in Canada
Interested in Studying in Canada – this is an excellent opportunity. For those with limited resources winning this award will amount to a full and free undergraduate and graduate scholarship. Read it over and let me know if you have questions. Please note each scholarship is different – with a different application process. Samuel
Scholarship Overview – 3 OPTIONS
- The International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs, and community service.
- The Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas, who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and who would be unable to pursue post-secondary education without financial assistance..
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program have a demonstrated commitment to give back to their communities and develop the leadership needed to contribute to social and economic transformation across Africa.
- Study in Canada at the University of British Columbia
- The University of British Columbia (UBC), established in 1908, is one of Canada’s leading research universities and is consistently ranked among the top 40 in the world. The university attracts 54,000 students from across Canada and 140 countries around the world to two major campuses.
Field(s) of Study
- UNDERGRAD – for all 3 listed above
GRAD – for Mastercard
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC for graduate students is open to applicants who have a Bachelor’s Degree and are a citizen of and have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country.
What does the scholarship cover? – FULL
- Award winners receive an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs. A standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information provided by students and their families.
- The Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian Study Permit (visa).
How many scholarships are given?
- Not Specifically stated – but this award is limited. Our estimate is 5-15 are given each year.
- The University of British Columbia (UBC) is pleased to be partnering with The MasterCard Foundation to foster the next generation of African leaders. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC will provide 112 academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people from Sub-Saharan Africa with access to quality and relevant university education at UBC. After graduating, the scholars will then utilize their learning and experiences to contribute to the economic growth and social transformation of their communities in Africa. On this website you can learn more about the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC, find out how to apply, and meet UBC’s current scholars.
Which countries are targeted?
Depending on which scholarship you apply for
- All or
- Impoverished or war-torn areas or
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- The ILOT Award recognizes international students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
- Award candidates must be nominated by their current school or college/university. To be considered for an ILOT Award you must:
- be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other university
- be admissible to the first choice program you are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- Get your School Counselor or Recognized international, community-based, and non-governmental organizations may nominate candidates.
- If you wish to be considered for an award, speak to your school or college/university counselor. If you are accepted for nomination, the counselor must use the ILOT nomination package available for download on the Counselors’ website.
- Nomination packages must be postmarked by December.
- Nominees must also complete the online application for academic admission to UBC, and meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by December.
- Early application is encouraged, to ensure an application decision can be made in time for Nomination consideration.
How do I get more information?
- International Leader of Tomorrow Award and Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award – http://internationalscholars.ubc.ca/
- Mastercard Scholarships at UBC – http://mcfscholars.ubc.ca/
- Free Scholarships – http://www.
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ undergraduate/
- University of Toronto Full Undergraduate Scholarship
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://