- Turkey offers educational opportunities of an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience to students from all over the world.
- Outstanding international students can apply for scholarships to study in the most prestigious universities in the country.
- Turkish Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants are placed in a university and program based on their preferences as specified in the online application form.
- Study in Turkey
Fields of Study
- All undergraduate programs including Islamic studies, medical sciences, and Turkish language and literature are offered.
What does the scholarship cover?
- A monthly allowance of 700 Turkish Lira
- Accommodation in public university dorms without paying any fees
- A tuition/university fee exemption
- Health expenses are covered by the public health insurance
- A one-year Turkish language course (if there is no proof of proficiency)
- Two flight tickets, one for arrival into Turkey and the other for departure at the end of the study period. If the student purchases the ticket, he/she will be reimbursed
How many scholarships are given?
- Not stated
Which countries are targeted?
- Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin,
- Belarus, United Arab Emirates, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Bulgaria,
- Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Algeria, Djibouti, Chad, China, Democratic Republic of Congo
- Ethiopia, Morocco, Ivory Coast, Palestine, Finland, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia,
- Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Grenada, Guyana, Georgia, East Timor,
- Dominican Republic, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Haiti,
- Croatia, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Jamaica, Cambodia, Cameroon, Montenegro,
- Qatar, Kazakhstan, Comoros Islands, Congo Republic, Kosovo, Kuwait,
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, North Korea, Cuba, Laos, Latvia, Liberia,
- Libya Mauritania, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Central African Republic, Uzbekistan,
- Palau, Panama, Poland Romania, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Malawi, Mali,
- Marshall Islands, Lithuania, Lebanon, Hungary, Madagascar, Macedonia, Saint Lucia,
- Vincent and the Grenadines Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone,
- Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, Sudan, Surinam, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Togo,
- Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Oman, Jordan, Venezuela, Yemen, Greece.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible for Undergraduate Programs, the applicant must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or having ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply). Dual citizens who hold Turkish and any other country’s nationality may not apply.
- Not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying,
- Have graduated or likely to graduate from a secondary education institution
- Undergraduate candidates should have an acceptable level of high school education, equivalent to the high schools in Turkey.
- Born no earlier than 01.01.1998 for undergraduate programs (not older than 21)
- Have attained a specified cumulative grade point average, diploma grade, national exam or international exam score, i.e., an academic score for each program (90% for medical sciences, 70% for other undergraduate programs)
- Be in good health
- Candidates should not be infected with a contagious disease (HIV, Hepatitis-C etc.) or have a disease preventing his/her education in Turkey.
- Students who are currently studying in Turkey cannot apply for a scholarship for the level at which they are now studying
- Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship cannot apply for this program
- Students can only apply for one scholarship program at a time, according to their academic goals and educational background
- These scholarships are open to candidates from all the countries listed above, if they meet the above conditions
- Short-term scholarship programs may have additional application requirements
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- The application to Turkey Scholarships programmers is an online and free process and is done via the Turkish Government Scholarships website.
- Applications delivered by hand or post will not be evaluated.
Candidates are expected to:
- Open the online application system
- Create a user account by entering their e-mail address and password
- Log into the system and complete the application form
- Upload the requested documents to the system. Applications without the required documents will not be evaluated. Candidates must also include documents confirming their SAT, TOEFL, DELF, or YDS scores.
- Online application
- A copy of a valid ID card – passport, national ID card, birth certificate, etc.
- A passport photo
- Certified high school diploma
- 5th March 2019
How Do I Get More Information?
- Free Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://myinternationalscholarships.com/forum