Undergrad Taiwan Scholarships
- The Wesleyan Freeman Asian Scholarship Program provides expenses for a four-year course of study toward a bachelor’s degree for up to eleven exceptionally able Asian students annually from these countries and regions: the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Scholarship criteria – Scholarship is available to foreign students for attendance at OSU in any field of study. Applicants must qualify for financial assistance as defined by the Financial Aid Office of OSU.
- The “Rosita King Ho Scholarship Fund” was established in 2004 by a generous donation from the Rosita King Ho International Charitable Foundation (??????????). The Charitable Foundation was set up in 1999 by the late Mr Ho Kwan King (???) in memory of his late wife Mrs Rosita King Ho (1929-1999) to support higher education worldwide.
- The Rosita King Ho International Charitable Foundation regarded the gift as an investment in the students. By providing students with global vision and social responsibility, the Foundation believes that they have greater potential to become committed and outstanding leaders of the community.
- Finnish polytechnics and universities do not charge any tuition fees in their Bachelor’s degree programmes, or Doctoral level studies. Several Master’s programmes do not charge a tuition fee, either.
- However, some Master’ programmes may have tuition fees for non-EU/EEA nationals. You need to check the tuition fee policy at the institution offering the Master’s programme.
PhD Taiwan Scholarships
A visiting Fellowship tenable at the Needham Research Institute in Cambridge, England, is offered from funds granted by the Li Foundation of New York. The objective of this fellowship is to enable a scholar from mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong or Singapore to conduct research in a subject relevant to the concerns of the Institute, i.e. the history of science, technology or medicine in China.
- The fellowship funding takes the form of a grant to cover essential expenses such as international travel and accommodation.