- The Stipendium Hungaricum Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government.
- This scholarship program is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary, or between institutions.
- The Stipendium Hungaricum is operated by the Tempus Public Foundation under the supervision of the Ministry of Human Capacities.
- Its core mission is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
- Students can apply for study programs at bachelor, master and doctoral level, and for preparatory courses.
- 28 Hungarian higher education institutions
Field(s) of Study
- The eligible study programs are dependent on the education cooperation programs in effect between Hungary and the specific sending partner. Courses include:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Applied Economics
- Biochemical Engineering
- Business Administration and Management
- Civil Engineering
- Communication and Media Science
- Business Information
- Chemical Engineering
What does the scholarship cover?
- Tuition-free education
- Monthly stipend
- Medical insurance
- Housing allowance
How many scholarships are given?
- In 2018/2019 more than 4200 scholarships were awarded
Which countries are targeted?
- Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus
- Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Cape Verde, Cambodia, China, Colombia
- Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, India, Indonesia
- Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Republic of Korea
- Kosovo, Kuwait, Kurdistan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia
- Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar
- Nigeria, Pacific Alliance, Pakistan, Palestine, Paraguay, Russia, Serbia
- Singapore, South Africa, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Philippines,
- Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Vietnam, Yemen
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Applications are considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by responsible authorities of the sending partner
- You must be a citizen of the sending country/territory
- You must have been born after 31 August 2001
- You must hold a secondary school graduation certificate by 1 August 2019
- You must not be a Hungarian citizen (even if you have dual citizenship)
How to Apply – Next Steps
- Send your application to the Tempus Public Foundation and the sending partners.
- All applications must be received through the online application system.
- Online application form
- Motivation letter
- School certificates and their translations
- Transcripts of records and their translations
- Medical certificate
- Copies of identification documents
- Acceptance of statement for application in the online system
- You can increase your chances of admission if you apply for 3 different study programs, in order of preference.
- Make sure you read the online application guide carefully to avoid making mistakes
- 15 January 2019
How do I get more information?
- Free Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://myinternationalscholarships.com/forum