- This scholarships will allow St Antony’s to admit one of the best African students irrespective of means and will add immeasurably to the diverse and intellectual character of the College. This is part of a joint initiative between Eni & St Antony’s College to invest in and strengthen African leadership.
- St Antony’s and Eni are equally keen to provide encouragement and where possible, structured incentives for Eni Scholars to continue their studies or find useful employment back in their home country after graduating from Oxford. Discussions about this are ongoing and scholars will be informed of relevant contacts and partnerships as they emerge.
- Founded in 1950, St. Antony’s College has remained true in its pursuit of being a centre of advanced study and research in the fields of modern international history, philosophy, economics and politics.
- The College located in Oxford, United Kingdom encourages an atmosphere where international graduate students can become specialists in their chosen degrees. Students are closely mentored by senior members of the University, who are themselves experts in their chosen fields.
Fields of Study – 1 year Master’s courses
The Eni Scholarship offers grants to graduate students who will apply to the following masteral and doctorate courses available at St. Antony’s College Oxford:
- MSc African Studies
- MSc Economic & Social History
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
What does the scholarship cover?
- 100% of university and college fees, and an annual grant for living costs of £14,057 for 12 month courses and £10,543 for 9 month courses. The stipend for courses with different durations will be adjusted accordingly.
- The scholarship also covers one economy return airfare from your home country to the UK at the start and end of your course.
- If your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based upon satisfactory academic progress.
Which countries are targeted?
- Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria, and the Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville)
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- The scholarships are open to applicants who are ordinarily resident in Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria, and the Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville). Preference will be given to applicants whose first degree is from an African university.
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of both academic merit and potential and financial need. Preference will be given to applicants who have clear ambitions to use their accumulated learning to benefit their home country after graduation.
- Please ensure you meet the requirements for entry to your course, including English language requirements.
- See the University’s course guide for more information.
How to Apply – Next Steps
- Read the information on this webpage carefully.
- Apply online to the University of Oxford for one of the eligible courses as listed above. You must submit your application for graduate study to the University by the January deadline and you must have secured a place on your chosen programme of study by the expected final decision date (18 March 2016). It would help if you select St Antony’s College in the college choice section of the application form, though this is not compulsory.
- Once you have applied to the University, please complete the Eni Scholarship application form (available at the bottom of the page) and send it to the Assistant College Registrar. The deadline is 12 noon, UK time, on Friday 8 April 2016.
Please note that incomplete and ineligible applications will not be considered for an Eni Scholarship. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we do not send emails acknowledging receipt of any applications which are incomplete or which are ineligible.
- 22 January 2015 – for University Application
- Friday 8 April 2016 – for Scholarship
How do I get more information?
Interested students may click on the following links for more information:
- St Antony’s College
- 62 Woodstock Road, Oxford, OX2 6JF
- Tel: +44 (0)1865 284700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Scholarships – http://www.
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://