- The provision of the SR Government scholarships is a long-term part of SR development aid, which is a program and project activity of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the SR within the framework of the international community
- Study in Slovakia at public universities.
Field(s) of Study
- Teacher Training and Education Science; 1.1.1 – 1.1.10
- Social and Behavioural Sciences; 3.1.1 – 3.1.16
- Business and Administration; 3.3.1 – 3.3.25
- Ecological and Environmental Sciences; 4.3.1 – 4.3.5
- Building Engineering, Manufacturing and Communication; 5.2.1 – 5.2.60
- Agriculture; 6.1.1 – 6.1.17
- Forestry; 6.2.1 – 6.2.6
- Veterinary; 6.3.1 – 6.3.11
- Water Resource Management; 6.4.1 – 6.4.2
- Medical Sciences; 7.1.1 – 7.1.26
- Dental Surgery; 7.2.1
- Pharmaceutical Sciences; 7.3.1 – 7.3.7
- Non-Medical Health Sciences; 7.4.1 – 7.4.11
What does the scholarship cover?
1. The SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport shall provide a foreigner an SR Government scholarship during the standard length of study, when he/she is, pursuant to Act no 131/2002 Coll. on universities and on the amendment of certain acts, as amended a student of a public university in the SR as follows:
Stage of higher education SR Government scholarship Merit scholarship
language and vocational training €280 monthly €0
higher education: first degree €280 monthly €50 monthly
higher education: second degree €280 monthly €50 monthly
higher education: third degree €330 monthly €170 annually
a) the monthly scholarship grant in the set amount,
b) accommodation in a student hall of residence and catering in student canteens for payment equal to that of a student with SR citizenship,
c) education at the chosen public university under conditions equal to those of a student with SR citizenship pursuant to the conditions set by the university’s statute,
d) an SR Government scholarship for 10-month language and vocational training, in the case that the applicant has not completed secondary education in the SR or at a secondary school with Slovak language tuition abroad. Completion by a final exam is required and does not replace the university admission procedure pursuant to Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on universities and on the amendment of certain acts, as amended.
How many scholarships are given?
- See Below – Listed by eligible country and # of awards giving
Which countries are targeted?
Country – Bachelor and Master – PhD
Development assistance – 2016
- I Afghanistan 5 1
- II Kenya 5 1
- III Moldova 5 1
Technical assistance -2016
- IV Albania 3 0
- IV Belarus 2 1
- IV Bosnia and Herzegovina 3 0
- III Georgia 2 1
- III Kosovo* 3 0
- III Ukraine 2 1
Special Interest Countries – 2016
- III Moldova 5 1
- III Palestinian National Authority 3 0
- III Vietnam 4 1
Technical assistance –
- III Indonesia 1 0
- III Iraq 1 0
- III Pakistan 1 0
- III Syria 1 0
- III Uzbekistan 1 1
- III Vietnam 1 1
- IV Albania 1 0
Technical assistance –
- IV Azerbaijan 1 0
- IV Ecuador 1 0
- IV Jordan 1 0
- IV Kazakhstan 1 0
- IV Lebanon 1 0
- IV Macedonia 2 0
- IV Namibia 1 0
- IV Peru 1 0
- IV Serbia 2 0
- IV Thailand 1 0
Am I Eligible to Apply?
BACHELOR AND MASTERS Applicants – Persons applying for an SR Government scholarship for bachelor, master or postgraduate higher education study programs in the framework of the SR Government’s offer must meet the following conditions:
a) have attained complete secondary education completed by a school-leaving exam. The document on education acquired abroad must be assessed by the Centre for Recognition of Diplomas (Stredisko na uznávanie dokladov o vzdelaní) of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport at Stromová 1, 813 30 Bratislava;
b) meet the conditions for acceptance for higher education study pursuant to Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on universities and on the amendment of certain acts, as amended, www.minedu.sk;
c) submit a completed application form for an SR Government scholarship with the relevant attachments;
d) candidates of 18 to 26 years of age may apply for an SR Government scholarship.
PhD Applicants – Persons applying for a scholarship for doctoral study in the framework of the SR Government’s offer must meet the following requirements:
a) have completed higher education in a second degree study programme (having acquired the academic title “MSc.” at a foreign university or “Mgr.”, “Ing.”, “MUDr.” or “MVDr.” at a university in the SR). The document on education acquired abroad must be assessed by the Centre for Recognition of Diplomas (Stredisko na uznávanie dokladov o vzdelaní) of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport at Stromová 1, 813 30 Bratislava. Its opinion must be attached to the application for an SR Government scholarship submitted by the applicant for assessment to the selection committee of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport;
b) meet the conditions for admission to the third degree higher education study programme pursuant to Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on universities and on the amendment of certain acts, as amended;
c) submit a completed application for an SR Government scholarship, stating the study field of the doctoral study according to the applicable list of doctoral study programmes conducted in the SR, with a letter of preliminary acceptance from the expected teaching workplace in the SR, as well as with the relevant annexes;
d) candidates of 23 to 35 years of age may apply for an SR Government scholarship.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
- APPLY ONLINE
- START HERE – https://www.vladnestipendia.sk/en/application
- A request for an SR Government scholarship is to be made by a foreigner no later than 30 May of the respective year on the form “Application for Scholarship of the Government of the Slovak Republic” with the relevant attachments, which form an integral part of these materials.
- The application is available in electronic form at www.vladnestipendia.sk.
- Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the selection committee proceedings.
- Exceptions will only be made for the additional submission of a final certificate that the applicant receives in the given calendar year at a date after that of submitting the application to the Slovak party.
- Materials not sent electronically may not be accepted in written form.
- For academic year 2016/2017 is possible to send application electronically in terms: 29.03.2016 – 30.05.2016
How do I get more information?
Website – https://www.vladnestipendia.sk/en/
- Free Scholarships – http://www.
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ graduate/
Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sports of the SR
- Stromová 1
- 813 30 Bratislava
- RNDr. Danica Šišková
- Telephone No.: +421 2 59374 605
- Fax: +421 2 59374 645