Sweden Government Scholarships for International Students
- Scholarships in Sweden for International Students
- provides a number of full scholarships for master’s programmes in Sweden. The programme is open to students who are citizens of countries on the OECD/DAC list. The programme offers a unique opportunity for future leaders to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and each other.
University Scholarships in Sweden for International Students
Undergraduate / Bachelor Scholarships in Sweden
- Over SEK 17 million (€1.8 million / US $2 million) awarded in scholarship grants in 2016
- A selective, merit-based scholarship to recognize top academic students from outside the EU/EEA
- As a top 100 university and ranked in the top 0.4% of universities in the world, Lund University attracts high achieving students from across the globe. The Lund University Global Scholarship program seeks to recognize these students by awarding academic excellence grants.
- Scholarship recipients have a proven record of achieving consistently high grades in their previous studies and are assessed as being a good fit for our programs. The scholarship is selective, competitive and merit-based.
- Scholarship grants may cover 25%, 50%, 75% or up to 100% of the tuition fee.
- Tuition-fee paying students attending an international Bachelor’s programme at the University of Skövde may have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship for their third year of studies in Skövde.
- The scholarship granting criterion will be based on the students’ merits and grade results during their first two years of studies at our University.
- There are a number of scholarships available each year for fee-paying international students who are applying to a Bachelor’s programme in the area of Game Design or an international Master’s programme.
- Some scholarships are specifically for students who are applying to one of Uppsala University’s Master’s programmes, while others are open to both Master’s and Bachelor’s students. Some scholarships are open for all citizens of a country outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland whilst others are open to citizens of certain countries. Please read the information about eligibility, and how to apply, carefully.
Graduate / Masters Scholarships in Sweden
Chalmers University of Technology – Adlerbert Study Scholarships
- 100% tuition fee waivers. Five scholarships will be awarded in 2017 to students who are citizens of one of 143 specified countries. The scholarship comprises a full tuition fee waiver and is funded by the the Adlerbert Foundations.
- Unrestricted – all of the current Master’s programs at Chalmers.
- is aiming at top academic students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees for studies.
- Karlstad University Global Scholarship offers scholarships covering tuition fees in part or in full. The application for scholarship will be considered only if the application fee is paid or if you are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Karolinska Institutet Global Master’s Scholarships cover the tuition fee cost, not living expenses, and only for studies at Master’s level.
- Each year Kristianstad University offers a number of scholarships to qualified students from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- The scholarship will be awarded to citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA with the requirement of paying tuition fee for studies at Kristianstad University. If granted a scholarship, it will include a full or partial reduction of the tuition fee.
- Every year up to 30 KTH Scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence. Recipients of the KTH Scholarship will have their tuition fee waived for the first and the second year
- To be eligible to apply you must be a tuition-fee paying student and have applied for a master’s programme at KTH as your first priority.
- Students with a conditional eligibility are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- The selection process will be undertaken in parallel with the selection process for admission to the programme. The scholarship will be granted primarily on the basis of academic excellence.
- Each year Linnaeus University offers scholarships to outstanding students from countries outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland through the programme ‘Linnaeus University Scholarships’.
- Scholarships are available for students who study programmes or courses as well as for students who are studying within the Summer Academy.
- It’s possible to get up to 100 percent reduction of the tuition fees for a full programme.
- LiU International Scholarships are aimed at supporting international students with significant academic potential from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees. We offer a limited number of LiU International Scholarships to new students. The tuition fees for a student awarded a LiU International Scholarship are reduced by 25, 50, 75 or 100%.
- Every year Mälardalen University offers a limited numbers of scholarships to students applying for a Master’s programme with us as their first choice.
- The scholarship will cover 100% of the tuition fee of the programme as long as you follow the normal study plan (minimum 22.5 credits/semester, minimum 45 credits/academic year).
- Malmö University offers a limited number of scholarships that cover the entire tuition fee to talented students.
- You are eligible for the Malmö University Master’s Scholarship (MUMS) if you are:
- liable to pay tuition fee for university studies in Sweden, and
- admitted to an English-taught master’s programme at Malmö University.
- We generally grant 10 to 20 scholarships annually, each covering the full tuition fee for one student. Scholarships are awarded on basis of academic merit, experience and motivation.
- For high performing students applying to a study programme at Mid Sweden University, we offer a number of scholarships which will result in a tuition waiver of 70 000 SEK, 140 000 SEK or 250 000 SEK depending on the chosen programme.
- All students who have applied to a study programme at Mid Sweden University starting autumn semester 2017, and who are required to pay tuition fees are welcome to apply for a Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
- a Umeå University programme as priority 1.
- A committee appointed by the Vice-Chancellor is tasked with selecting candidates for scholarships. The selections are based entirely on the applicant’s academic merit.
- Selected candidates receive a full or partial waiver of the tuition fee.
- offers scholarships to highly qualified students required to pay tuition fees.
- The scholarships offered by the University of Borås are intended to partly or fully cover the tuition fee, they are not designed to cover living costs. The payment is not made in monetary terms; instead the tuition fee will be reduced by the amount of the tuition fee waiver.
- The University’s criteria in awarding scholarships are good study records as well as qualifications that the University assesses to be in line with the University’s prioritised educational or research areas.
- A scholarship funded by the Adlerbert Foundations, specifically intended for applicants who are citizens of an annually prioritized country from the OECD/DAC list, and covers the full tuition fee for a study program at the University of Gothenburg and contributes to living and accommodation expenses.