- In order to assist foreign countries in training national employees, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation allocates public scholarships for the academic year 2014/15 to allow foreign citizens and Russians living abroad to study at federal state higher professional education institutions at the expense of federal budget allocations in bachelor, specialist, master degree and post-graduate programs as well as additional professional education programs (internship or professional development).
- Study in Russia (educational institutions in ABC order)
Field(s) of Study
- Two many to list. Click these 3 links to find specific options
What does the scholarship cover?
The candidates admitted to the higher educational institutions of Russia (who are not on a contract basis) are provided by the Russian Side with:
- bursaries in the same amount as for the Russian students, post-graduates and familiarisation students (for the students – an equivalent of minimum salary, that is 83,5 roubles in December, 1997), for post-graduates -250,5 roubles;
- hostels with the same amount of fees as for the Russian students, post-graduates and familiarisation students;
- medical care in accordance with the law of the Russian Federation.
How many scholarships are given?
- Undergraduate: 25 – (4 are for medicine)
- Postgraduate: Masters – 10, PhD – 10.
Which countries are targeted?
- Check here for countries and quotas – http://en.russia.edu.ru/enter/1824/
- You may have to use Google Translate
- For candidates who do not speak Russian language courses of up to year are organized at the preparatory faculty (department).
Am I Eligible to Apply?
Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Minimun Mean Grade of B (plain).
- Not more than 23 years of age.
- Strong grades on the major subjects that are key to the specialty preferred
- Completed Secondary Education in the last three (3) years.
- Have an original certificate
- Post Graduate
- Are serving the country in the public sector.
- Completed two (2) years of continuous public service since their last degree studies.
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree of at least Upper Second class honors level.
- The masters and PhD scholarships are only suitable for former Russia graduates and those who speak Russian language.
- PhD, applicants must have a relevant Master’s Degree.
- Are below 35 years for Masters and 45 years for PhD
- For enrollment into bachelor or specialist degree programs a document on education needs to be provided that is recognized in the Russian Federation as state document on secondary (full) general education or on secondary vocational education.
- For enrollment into master degree programs a document needs to be provided that is recognized in the Russian Federation as a bachelor diploma (at least 4 years of study) or a specialist diploma (at least 5 years of study).
- Foreign students enrolled at higher educational institutions are provided with a monthly scholarship and a dormitory accommodation on the same conditions as the Russian students.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- Set of documents of the foreign citizens recommended for admission should be provided to the address of the Rossotrudnichestvo which delivers them in the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. The list of required documents for candidates is attached below.
- Website – http://en.russia.edu.ru/enter/2123/
- Free Scholarships – http://www.
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ graduate/
- Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://