- Formerly Oxford Student Scholarship, the Reach Oxford Scholarship provides students from developing countries who wish to pursue their undergraduate studies in Oxford University.
- The host for this scholarship if Oxford University, the oldest university in the United Kingdom recognized as a leading academic institution in learning, teaching, and research.
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate degrees except Medicine
What does the scholarship cover?
- University and college fees, a full grant for living expenses and flights to/from the UK per year
How many scholarships are given?
- A small number of awards will be made, number to be confirmed
Which countries are targeted?
- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan
- Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi
- Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba
- Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic
- Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia
- Fiji, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia,
- Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana
- Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan
- Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz, Rep.
- Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya
- Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar
- Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue
- Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda
- Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St Kitts-Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria
- Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu
- Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- This scheme is only suitable for candidates of the highest academic ability who have outstanding examination results. However, financial need and social commitment are also major criteria for selection.
How to Apply – Next Steps
- Candidates must first apply for admission to the University through UCAS by 15 October 2013. NOTE that Reach Oxford Scholarship is only awarded to students who have secured a place in the University.
- You must write a supporting statement that answers the following two questions in Section E of the application form:
- Why are you applying for this scholarship and what impact will it have on your career?
- How would you use the education you receive at Oxford for the benefit of your community?
- Scholarship applications for 2014 entry will then open in December 2013 and close in February 2014 (exact dates to be confirmed).
How do I get more information?
For more information, interested applicants can go to the following links:
Telephone: +44 1865 270000
Fax: +44 1865 270708