NIGERIA Scholarships – UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Four (4) Million Naira Scholarships For Forty (40) Nigerian Students.
- Applications are invited for Chief Gani Fawehinmi Annual Scholarship for Nigerians Awards. The award is for 40 (forty) students, each of whom will receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000.00) for their education.
Criteria for Award:
- Applicant must be poor and indigent.
- Applicant must be registered students of Tertiary institutions in Nigeria i.e Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education.
- Applicants must have good academic performances.
- International Scholarship Program for Africa (4). VALUE: $100,000 ($25,000 x 4 years). Must be citizen of an African country. To renew — maintain high academic standing (7.8 on a 9-point York scale) in each academic year at York
- There are two Nigeria 50% Undergraduate Scholarships available for Nigerian students starting their undergraduate degree studies in September 2009.
- The scholarships are worth 50% of your undergraduate course tuition fee per year. This will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
- To be eligible for the Nigeria 50% Undergraduate Scholarships 2009, applicants must be a Nigerian national or permanently domiciled in Nigeria, apply for a study place by 24 April 2009 and hold an offer of a study place for entry in September 2009.
- The Nigeria 50% Undergraduate Scholarships 2009 are awarded on the basis of academic merit
- Applicants cannot apply for the scholarships before being offered a study place at Sheffield.
- Great links to various scholarship sites
- Canadian Universities offer a world class education and generous scholarships to international students. Here’s our list of the best opportunities.
- The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with Michigan State University to provide full tuition scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Numerous US Universities offer scholarships for international students. We list only the best opportunities here.
- We’ve examined scholarship opportunities from 100’s of schools and only these make our TOP 10 list.
NIGERIA Scholarships – FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
Australian Development Scholarship Program (ADS)
- The Africa ADS program provides academic scholarships to undertake Master Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas to nationals of Botswana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, Zambia and Botswana. There website is designed to be a useful tool for you to find out more information about the scholarships eligibility criteria, country specific details, the institutions at which the scholarships can be undertaken, information about Australia and the regions where the institutions are located as well as details on the forum (chat room) and alumni to connect with past and present awardees.
- is a UK scheme to bring outstanding students from India, China, Hong Kong, South Africa, Brazil, Russia and the developing world to come and study for PhDs in top rated UK research facilities.
- Created in 2010 by Seven Up Bottling Company Plc of Nigeria to commemorate its 50th anniversary, and aligns with the Company’s overall vision of creating a greener future for promising Nigerians. Scholarship covers tuition, board and travel expenses for both years of the MBA program.
- For further information and specific requirements of this scholarship, please send email with a copy of your admissions letter to email@example.com. Company will contact you with next steps.
- The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust – African Scholarship. The scholarship is open to all successful applicants on the Sloan Fellowship who are African nationals and reside in Africa.
See the latest Graduate Scholarships for Nigerian
Looking for the best scholarships offered for Graduate study. Here’s our TOP 10 list of best choices.
Also see our list of the Best European Graduate Scholarships
NIGERIA Scholarships – FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS – PH.D. FELLOWSHIPS
African Graduate Fellowship
- A competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at American University in Cairo (AUC).
- The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies. Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant : 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July.
Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships
- Provides up to eight new full-fee scholarships to be available in 2007/2008 to new full-time international taught postgraduate students from Africa. Coverss 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught course for one year. Funded through a combination of generous external funding and University funds. Standards required are very high. Students will be expected to fund their travel and maintanence costs through other sources.
- The MCDC PhD programme offers support to candidates of high academic calibre who can demonstrate a strong commitment to research relevant to the prevention or control of malaria.
- A rigorous procedure will be used to select the most able African students to pursue PhD studies based in the African countries participating in the programme – Ghana, Malawi, Senegal, Tanzania, and Uganda. Approximately 20 students will be selected, and each allocated to one of the five African partner universities.
- are now available from this academic year for international students born in an African country to study a postgraduate taught programme in the field of Engineering or Management.
- The scholarship is worth £5000 and will be paid in two instalments of £2500 each. The taught postgraduate scholarship is for one year only and cannot be deferred to a later year. The Steve Huckvale Scholarship can be held with other awards from the University of Bath (such as the University of Bath scholarships). It will be paid in two instalments at the beginning of each semester (October and January) and the second payment will be subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- There are four Nigeria 50% Postgraduate Scholarships, available for Nigerian students starting their postgraduate taught masters programme in September 2009.
- Each scholarship is worth 50% of your postgraduate taught masters degree tuition fee per year, for one year of study. The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
- To be eligible for the Nigeria 50% Postgraduate Scholarships 2009, applicants must be a Nigerian national or permanently domiciled in Nigeria, apply for a study place by 26 June 2009 and hold an offer of a study place for entry in September 2009.
- The Nigeria 50% Postgraduate Scholarships 2009 are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Applicants cannot apply for the scholarship before being offered a study place at Sheffield.
The Wadsworth African Fellowships
- Provides support for African students undertaking study leading to a Ph.D. at a South African university that can provide them with international-level training in anthropology (including biological anthropology and archeology).
- Wenner-Gren Foundation has other fellowships/grants for international students.
- This TOP 10 list provides a variety of options. When searching for a scholarship start here. This comprehensive list of websites provides the information and resources that you will need to succeed in your search.