- Win a scholarship for a bachelor’s degree in art and design, music or the liberal arts from The New School in New York City
- The New School is a legendary progressive university comprising schools bound by a common, unusual intent: to prepare and inspire its 10,510 undergraduate and graduate students to bring actual, positive change to the world.
- From its Greenwich Village campus, The New School educates students across a wide range of disciplines to not only become professionals within the chosen field, but also teaches them to become world citizens – individuals whose ideas and innovations forge new paths of progress in the arts, design, humanities, public policy and social sciences.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Full scholarship for a bachelor’s degree program at one of the five participating divisions of The New School. The scholarship covers 100% of tuition fee and mandatory fees for as many credits the student needs to complete his/her degree.
Field(s) of Study – Bachelor Degree Program Areas
- Parsons The New School for Design
- Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts
- Mannes College The New School for Music
- The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music
- The New School for Drama
How many scholarships are given?
- 5 Full and 5 partial
- One full and one partial scholarship for bachelor’s program to each of five participating schools at The New School
- You can watch submission videos of last years winners here – http://www.thenewschoolcompetition.com/2014-winners
Which countries are targeted?
Open to all high school students and college students worldwide interested in applying or transferring to one of the five participating divisions at The New School. Scholarship winners must be a high school graduate on or before June 2014.
The winners are expected to start their undergraduate program in the fall of 2014.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- In order to be selected as a finalist, the participant needs to submit a full application to the chosen school and program. To claim the scholarships, the winner needs to fulfill the enrollment requirements set by each school and be accepted by the Admission Committee.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
Apply to your chosen program by February 1
Visit The New School’s website for school requirements and deadlines.
- Completed online application.
- Official transcripts: All applicants must submit official high school or college transcripts. Transfer applicants who have completed fewer than 24 credits from a semester must also submit high school transcripts.
- A certified English language translation must be provided for all official international transcripts that are not written in English.
3 Parts to Scholarship Application
- 3 multiple-choice question sets
- Why are you New School” video-case
- Motivation statement and personal profile
Read more at the admissions page of each school for specific requirements connected to the schools and their programs.
- Parsons The New School for Design: http://www.newschool.edu/parsons/admission/
- Mannes College The New School for Music http://www.newschool.edu/mannes/admission/
- The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music http://www.newschool.edu/jazz/admission/
- Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts http://www.newschool.edu/lang/admission/
February 1: Competition closes. All competition components must be completed and submitted
February 1: Application deadline – all necessary school and program documents must be received by The New School (only applicable for participants competing for the scholarships)
March 6: Finalists are announced
March 23: Winners of the scholarships & additional prizes are announced
Fall: Begin your semester at The New School in New York City!
How do I get more information?
- A great link below – detailed step by step instructions on exactly how to proceed – follow the instructions and you’ll be fine
- Website – Read more on the COMPETITION PROCESS –http://www.thenewschoolcompetition.com/index.html
- Free Scholarships – http://www.
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ graduate/