launched in 2007 with the aim of contributing to the production and retention of high caliber African human capital for sustainable development of the continent in critical development areas, while promoting regional integration through intra-African mobility of students.
The Scholarship Scheme is intended to enable young Africans to study in leading African Universities with a binding agreement that beneficiaries will work in any African country for at least the same duration of scholarship period after graduation.
- Study in ANY reputable African Universities
In order to promote, intra-Africa student mobility, candidates are encouraged to seek admission to universities in countries other than their own.
Field(s) of Study
The following fields of study are eligible:
- Education Science
The Masters programme should be of two years duration ; while the PhD program should be of three years duration.
Which countries are targeted?
- All African Countries
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- For Female Applicants Only
To be eligible for the Special Scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be a Female Citizen of an African Union Member State
- Be under the age of thirty five (35) years for Masters Programmes; and under forty (40) years for PhD Programmes
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours for a Masters’ Programme; and a holder of Masters’ Degree in the relevant field for a PhD Programme. The degree must be from a reputable University
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards if any.
- Have proof of admission to undertake a full time Masters or PhD programme in a recognized university of an African Union Member State
- Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of studies for at least three (3) years
How do I Apply – Next Steps
No application will be considered without an admission letter from a university.
- Complete the Application Form in PDF format as well as the EXCEL Applicants’ Data Sheet
- Application Form – http://hrst.au.int/en/sites/default/files/Application%20Form%20_Female%20Scholarship_2014.pdf
- Free Scholarships – http://www.
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ graduate/
- Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://