- Mondi, an international packaging and paper group with production operations across 30 countries, is offering competitive scholarships for top-class students who are interested to pursue their undergraduate and/or graduate programs in Austria
- Any university in Austria or as specified
Fields of Study
- Scholarships are awarded for basic university programs (university degree, bachelor programs), or, in case the students have already completed studies in their home country, for Master programs
- In particular, the support is providedto students who want to take studies in the areas of technology, natural science and economic science
What does the scholarship cover?
- Mondi scholarships offer financial support for up to 4 years of the student’s chosen graduate program, or the minimum duration of the respective studies as required
- Financial support for the tuition fees, living expenses and books of up to € 12.000,- for an academic year (further scholarships will be deducted from this amount)
- Travel scholarship, if necessary, of up to € 1.000,- per year
- Advice and support for the scholarship holders in connection with visa, insurance, language courses and search for accommodation
How many scholarships are given?
- Scholarships are granted for one year each. The extension of the scholarship will depend on the student’s success and academic performance
- Overall, the Mondi Group supports a maximum of 40 scholarship holders
- An average of 10-14 scholarship holders are supported each year
Which countries are targeted?
- For next year’s undergraduate scholarships, grants are provided for students who are currently taking BSc Forestry at Stellenbosch University in South Africa
- For post-graduate scholarships, grants to pursue a National Diploma Forestry are provided for students who have completed the “Forestry Traineeship” and “Forestry Practical – Work Experience opportunities” in South Africa
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Note that the scholarship is only awarded to students who wish to study in Austria. It is not available to students who are already studying in Austria.
- Normally, applications can be made by nationals of African, Asian, Central and Eastern European Countries and Austrian citizens. However, for the next opening, citizens of South Africa are preferred for their BSc Forestry and National Diploma Forestry programs
- The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Furnish proof of being eligible for admission to an Austrian university or a university in their respective country of residence (proof of eligibility for university admission in the country where the school-leaving certificate was issued)
- Interested in studying at an Austrian university or technical college, or an Austrian school similar to these institutions and graduating from these
- Aged not older than 23 years (upon expiry of the application deadline)
- The Board of the foundation is exclusively responsible for the selection of students
- Note that the scholarship holders of the “Austrian Student Scholarship” are free to choose their career path after the scholarship. They are not required in any event to work for the Mondi Group after completing their studies.
How to I Apply – Next Steps
For the next opening, interested students must accomplish the following during the application process:
- Application letter
- Resume (including passport photo)
- Copies of transcripts
- Personal letter of motivation
- Why do you think you are the right candidate for the “Austrian Student Scholarship?”
- Precise description of the objective of your studies including curriculum, timeline and a description of the envisaged degree
- Two letters of recommendation from professors/teachers or employers
- The application documents have to be sent in English or German
- Complete application documents for both the BSc Forestry and National Diploma Forestry scholarships must be received by the Austria Student Scholarship of the “Mondi Austria Private Foundation” not later than 15 September
How do I get more information?
- List of available student scholarships for next year’s admission
- For candidates interested to pursue a Bsc Forestry degree
- For candidates interested to pursue a National Diploma Forestry
- Scholarship application form