University of Melbourne
In recognition of the significant contribution made to the University of Melbourne by international students, and the University’s commitment to equity and diversity, the University is proud to award undergraduate scholarships to international students commencing study in an undergraduate degree.
These scholarships are open to all international students who accept an offer of a place in an undergraduate degree at the University.
In 2011 scholarships were awarded to students from over 150 countries such as Mexico, Singapore, Bangladesh, China, Mauritius, Sweden, Malaysia, USA and India.
- up to 10 x 50% fee remission scholarships
- up to 10 x 100% fee remission scholarships
- up to 30 x $10,000 fee remission scholarships
The scholarships provide:
- a 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal duration of an undergraduate course OR
- a 100% remission from tuition fees for the normal duration of an undergraduate course OR
- a one off $10,000 fee remission from tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate degree.
These do not cover Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Eligible students must:
- have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course in 2012
- have achieved excellent final year school results to be considered for a scholarship such as: 4 A grades in the GCE A Levels; ATAR of 99.9 in the Australian year 12 program or 98% in an approved Foundation program
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia. Australian citizens and permanent residents and New Zealand citizens are not eligible;
- have not previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program)
- not be receiving any other scholarship for tuition
Selection is made by International Admissions based on academic merit. Scholarships are allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region. There are five selection rounds with a designated number of scholarships available for each round.
|November||Semester 1 or 2 of the following year|
|December||Semester 1 or 2 of the following year|
|January||Semester 1 or 2 of the current year|
|April||Semester 2 of the current year|
|June||Semester 2 of the current year|
**Notes: scholarships may be offered outside of selection rounds
- There is no separate application for the scholarship program
- All eligible students who have submitted a course application will automatically be considered and ranked against other international applicants on the basis of academic merit.
- Successful students will be notified within two weeks of the selection round being held.
- Unsuccessful students will not be notified.
- These scholarships cannot be deferred into the following year.
For more information – CLICK HERE