Aalto University Graduate Scholarships
Here’s another great Masters Scholarship to study in Finland. A great place to live and study if you can get used to the cold. 🙂 The scholarship is only for certain program – check the list below to see if there is a program you are interested it. Don’t Delay you can only apply up until Feb. 15th so you’ll have to move quickly on this one. Let me know if I can help you further. Samuel
Aalto University- six leading Schools in one
Our belief is that education must offer opportunities, rather than ready-made solutions. Combining disciplines allows our students to influence their own study programmes based on their interests, career objectives, and strengths.
The name Aalto University symbolizes change and is a tribute to the courageous, overarching renaissance man Alvar Aalto, who distinguished himself in not only the fields of technology and economics, but also in art and design. Aalto himself is an alumnus of one of our Schools as well as being the creator of the Otaniemi Campus street plan, its main building, and other buildings on the Otaniemi Campus.
Aalto University offers the highest level of education in economics, art and design, and technology in Finland. By merging Finland’s premier business, technology, and art and design universities in 2010, the resulting institution, Aalto University, envisions a future that is international, multi-disciplinary, and full of opportunities.
Aalto University provides a wide range of Master’s programmess which are taught entirely in English. These programmes are targeted for all nationalities. For the intake of 2011 and 2012, the programmes listed below will charge a tuition fee of 8000 EUR/academic year from non—EU/EEA-citizens. Aalto University offers also scholarships for non-EU/EEA-citizens in these programmes.
Schools of Science, Electrical Engineering and Engineering:
- Master’s Program in Mobile Computing – Services and Security
- Master’s Program in Service Design and Engineering
- Master’s Program in Communications Ecosystem
- Master’s Program in Mechanical Engineering
School of Economics
- Master’s Degree Program in Information and Service Management
- Master’s Degree Program in International Business Communication
- Master’s Degree Program in Marketing
School of Art and Design
- Master’s Degree Program in Environmental Art
Cross disciplinary Degree Program
- Master’s Degree Program in International Design Business Management (IDBM)
Tuition fees are charged/scholarships are offered for
- non-EU/EEA citizens
- Tuition fee: 8000 EUR/academic year.
There are no tuition fees/scholarships for:
- citizens of EU/ EEA (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) countries, citizens of Switzerland
- non-EU/EEA citizens who are equivalent to a European Union citizens
- non-EU/EEA citizens who have a right to permanent residence in Finland
- non-EU/EEA-citizens who have completed or who will complete Finnish Higher Education degree (university degree or degree from university of applied sciences) by the end of July 2012
The applicant must provide certification of being considered equivalent to a European Union Citizen, a photocopy of the residence permit (the residence permit carries the letter P) or a degree certificate from Finnish higher education institution.
Aalto University Scholarships
- Aalto University offers a limited number of scholarships for those students who are charged tuition fees (non-EU/EEA citizens, see exact details above) and who are selected to above mentioned programs. The scholarships will be allocated in order of merit.
Aalto University scholarship structure:
- Category A (Gold): Aalto contribution for covering tuition fee – full scholarship: 16 000 EUR (2 x 8000 EUR/academic year) AND Aalto contribution for covering living and other study expenses 16000 EUR (2 x 8000 EUR/academic year)
- Category B (Silver): Aalto contribution for covering tuition fee – full scholarship 16 000 EUR( 2 x 8000 EUR/academic year)
- Category C (Bronze): Aalto contribution for covering tuition fee – 50% of full scholarship: 8000 EUR ( 2 x 4000 EUR /academic year)
The scholarship is allocated for a maximum of two academic years. For example, category A scholarship covers the tuition fee for two academic years and in addition, the student will receive a total of 16 000 EUR for covering the living and studying expenses for two academic years. Aalto University scholarship includes also insurance.
The application for the scholarship is included in the programme specific on-line application form (eAGE). The applicants for master’s degree should fill in the on-line application form, available only during the application period 2 January – 15 February 2012.
If you do want to apply – here is the link to the ONLINE application – https://apply.aalto.fi/. Each program has their own webpage and individual information so make sure you familiarize yourself with that before applying.
For More information – CLICK HERE