- The Global Development Scholarship was set up to aid students in developing countries who are unable to raise fees for further study due to financial hardship. Students from countries experiencing volatile political situations, war, and natural disasters stand a higher chance of winning the scholarship.
- The University of Bradford is a renowned British public university.
- This university is located in the city of Bradford, West Yorkshire, England.
- 22 % of current students are international students – coming from 110 different countries.
- With almost 50 years of academic excellence, the University has continued to grow in international reputation and course provision.
- The University of Bradford has always been a pioneer in developing new course subjects, as well as reflecting and anticipating the needs of employers, students, and society as a whole.
Fields of Study
- Any of the one-year Master’s courses available at the University of Bradford, except the MBA.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in The Green
- £4,200 per annum living costs paid in three installments in October, January, and April.
- Each scholarship is worth approximately £25,000.
How many scholarships are given?
- 2 Global Development Scholarships. (There are also 5 Bestway Scholarships given to students from Pakistan.)
What countries are targeted?
Here is a list of countries from which students can apply. If your country is NOT listed here – there are exceptions. Note that if you are in extreme circumstances, the scholarship committee may consider your application, only if you can prove that you come from another nation that is in crisis.
- Afghanistan and Angola
- Bangladesh and Burundi
- Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo (Peoples Republic), Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Côte d’Ivoire
- Egypt (United Arab Republic), Eritrea, and Ethiopia
- Georgia and Guinea
- Haiti and Honduras
- Indonesia, Iran, and Iraq
- Kenya and Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Lebanon, Lesotho, and Liberia
- Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritania, Mozambique, and Myanmar
- Nepal, Nigeria, and Niger
- Palestinian Territory and Pakistan
- Russian Federation
- Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, and Syrian Arab Republic
- Tanzania and Timor-Leste (East Timor)
- Uganda and Yemen
- Zambia and Zimbabwe
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Students from the above list of countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However, in extreme circumstances, the panel will consider applications from students from other countries.
- Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme.
- To be considered for a place on the Master’s courses, you will need to have achieved (or be about to achieve) the minimum level of degree qualification specified for your country (above).
- You will also need to meet the English Language requirements.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- You can apply online (what we recommend) or alternatively you can download the application form. The forms will be available on the website from 24 April 2017.
- Timeline – you must apply for the scholarship by 15 May 2017.
- You do not need to have course placement before applying for the scholarship. You however have to indicate your preferred course of study on the application form (if you do not already have a place).
- You will be required to present a personal statement as part of your application. Explain how the situation in your country has affected you and your family, your reasons for choosing Bradford and the course of study, and how your qualifications will benefit your home country.
- If you would like more information on the scholarship you can email the school at this address –firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the scholarship and some excellent tips in completing the scholarship application – CLICK HERE
- The web application form will be available on the website from24 April 2017.
- The closing date for applications is 15 May 2017.
- The form will be removed from the website after this date and late applications will not be considered.
How do I get more information?
- Website –CLICK HERE
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01274 236637
- Free Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://myinternationalscholarships.com/forum