Scholarships in Ghana 2015-16
- Here are two links that will help you locate some of the most recently listed scholarships. They list only the best options
- Also check out Africa Scholarships. Many of which students from Ghana can apply to.
- Make sure to check out the Mastercard Scholarships and sign up for the free emails.
Scholarships FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY STUDENTS
- The Scholarship program includes all four of Pokuase’s primary/junior secondary schools and the three senior secondary schools that serve the Pokuase area. WomensTrust currently supports Pokuase’s brightest, poor young women including senior secondary students.
Scholarships FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Thanks to a $13 million partnership with The MasterCard Foundation in Canada, Ashesi will be awarding significant financial support to qualified students who need such assistance.
- Through Ashesi’s generous Scholarship Program, we make a great education available to those who otherwise could not afford it.
- enables individuals from Brazil, Cuba, Egypt, Ghana, Indonesia, Pakistan, South Africa, Turkey, and selected countries in Central America to spend one year studying at community colleges in the United States and earn a vocational certificate.
- The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting applications for the award of Scholarships. The scholarships are designed for high achievers (Gifted Student) who are from areas of need.
- The Scholarship will cover tuition, books, all fees, as well as room and board, and will be awarded for four years as long as excellent academic standards continue to be met.
- You are eligible to apply if you: 1. are a Level 100 student, 2. reside in an impoverished part of the country. 3. are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses. 4. attended a LESS ENDOWED Senior High School (verify with the SFAO) 5. obtained an aggregate of 14 or better at the WASSCE.
- Submit a completed UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades) and letters of recommendations are encouraged.
- For enquiries call the Students Financial Aid Office on 021-945312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At the University of Sydney we offer Sydney Choice – a wide range of dynamic courses with flexible degree structures. We don’t believe one model fits all. We encourage you to start working towards your goal, your way, from your first day at university.
- 30 scholarships each per annum available for a maximum of three years, Any Undergraduate program offered at the University of Sydney
- The University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program (UMAPS) is designed to enhance collaboration between early career faculty from Ghana, Liberia, South Africa and Uganda and students and faculty at the University of Michigan (U-M).
- It is also designed to support faculty development in Africa and capacity building for African home institutions.
- U-M provides support for the next generation of African scholars by bringing them to U-M for periods of four to six months, where they will have access to library and research materials that can assist them in working on a research project, academic degree, new course, grant proposal, or other relevant activity.
- While in residency, they will also be paired with a U-M faculty member for mentorship or collaboration on projects that will help them advance their careers.
- These activities allow the U-M to build and strengthen lasting scholarly relationships with visiting scholars and their home institutions.
FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
- The Australia Awards initiative was announced by the Australian Prime Minister in 2009 and aims to maximize the benefit of the Australian Government’s extensive scholarship programs, and to support enduring ties between Australia and our neighbors.
The Australia Awards initiative brings the Australian Government’s scholarship programs together under the one Australia Awards brand.
- The Australia Awards program in Africa will provide both long awards (Australian Development Scholarships) and short-term awards to nationals from 25 countries across Africa.
- in partnership with the international integrated energy company Eni, is offering three students from Angola, Nigeria and Ghana the opportunity to study for a fully funded Master’s degree.
- This will allow St Antony’s to admit some of the best African students irrespective of means and will add immeasurably to the diverse and intellectual character of the College. This is part of a joint initiative between Eni & St Antony’s College to invest in and strengthen African leadership.
- St Antony’s and Eni are equally keen to provide encouragement and where possible, structured incentives for Eni Scholars to continue their studies or find useful employment back in their home country after graduating from Oxford. Discussions about this are ongoing and scholars will be informed of relevant contacts and partnerships as they emerge.
- The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States.
- Awards approximately 1,800 student grants to non-U.S. nationals to study in the United States annually and there are approximately 3,200 new and continuing student fellows are currently in the United States on Fulbright grants.
- Scholars are chosen for their leadership potential—with the opportunity to observe each political, economic and cultural institutions, exchange ideas, and embark on joint ventures of importance to the general welfare of the world’s inhabitants.
- It provides the full cost of studying at Cambridge, a living allowance for all students and one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- 90 new scholarships awarded each year and there area about 250 Scholars from 60 countries at Cambridge
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships target highly-qualified students.
- About 120 scholarships will be awarded for studies in Sweden.
- The scholarship covers both living costs and tuition fees.
- Travel grants – Scholarship holders will receive a travel grant in connection with the scholarship. The travel grant is a one-time payment of SEK 10.000.
- is addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany. This program is administered by regional partner committees, staffed by university professors and church representatives. Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country.
- Candidates for the INSEAD scholarships will need to demonstrate: (a) academic achievement and promise (b) aptitude for business and financial management, and (c) a strong likelihood of spending the better part of their working careers in West Africa. In awarding these scholarships, INSEAD shall particularly seek candidates from Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Benin.
- Eligibility: Candidates must be nationals from a West Africa country (preferably Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Benin) and will have spent most of their lives and received most or part of their education in Africa. Preference will be given to candidates who require proven financial assistance.
FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
- seeks to revitalize the humanities in Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda through fellowship competitions and meetings associated with them. The AHP is funded by the Carnegie Corporation of New York.